Assists in the management of the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, associates, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and associate satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
• Completes all record keeping requirements in accordance with property and division standards to include the OSHA 200 log, OSHA 101, first report of injury, associate accident analysis, security analysis, key control and daily log documentation.
• Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Demonstrates knowledge of all brand loss prevention guidelines.
• Enforces random bag checks at the Loss Prevention Base Station and the red sticker policy.
• Comply with applicable federal, state and local law and safety regulations.
• Follow proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Follows a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and associates.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Holds Quarterly Meetings and coordinates "Cluster" meetings through the Director of Loss Prevention.
• Maintains integrity of the Loss Prevention Department through unannounced "spot checks" of the property to identify areas in need of corrective action.
• Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and associates.
• Conducts investigations for incidents related to both guests and associates.
• Conducts loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and associate related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
• Takes part in first aid program for guests and associates.
• Provides an open door policy.
• Provides escorts for associates and guests.
Leading Security/Loss Prevention Teams
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring associate understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Emphasizes teamwork, close working relationships with other departments and assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Completes associate performance reviews in a timely manner.
• Train all new hires on loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Establishes a training program to routinely train the loss prevention department and other property departments on topics related to safety and security.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Trains officers to ensure that they report and document all safety hazards and improper lighting to the appropriate departments through the property work order system.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible