Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at www.pchresortscareers.com/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Executive Chef manages all kitchen operations and staff on a daily basis to ensure a consistent, high quality food product. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas including banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and associate cafeteria. As a department head, directs and works with the food and beverage management team and associates to successfully execute all kitchen operations; strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent culinary skills; possesses the ability to perform all functions in the culinary operation
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Experience in high volume operation and menu composition
- Experience with purchasing and maintaining kitchen equipment
- Understanding of Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Room Service and Catering operational procedures
- Effective decision making skills
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g. associates, customers, vendors
- Good presentation and platform skills
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Good training/facilitator skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Opelika, AL, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible