Commis Chef - Bailbrook House Hotel, Bath
Do you live in Bath? Are you considering a career as a Chef? Good choice – Chefs are always in high demand and your friends and family will love your new skills! Many of our Hand Picked Chefs have travelled the world or have cooked for the great and the good. They wouldn’t change their career as a Chef for anything.
This isn’t just about taking food out of a freezer and popping it in the oven or deep fat fryer – you will be trained to transform fresh ingredients into high quality food for our hotel and **Rosette fine dining restaurant. These are skills for life.
You’ll enjoy working as part of a team and be looking for a role where no day is the same. The candidate we’re looking for will be hungry to learn and able to work within strict food hygiene restrictions. Does this sounds like something you would enjoy?
This is a full time role working 45 hours per week to include weekends on a rota basis.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary - all our Chefs are paid hourly and work 45 hours per week, with any overtime paid
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
• Optional live in accommodation charged at just £57.40 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• You’ll have either completed a cookery qualification or had some exposure to working in a kitchen
• You’ll be willing and able to follow instructions
• You’ll feel confident using a knife in the kitchen
• You’ll be looking forward to the prospect of working in a busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Our Kitchen Teams are diverse and we would like to welcome applications from anyone interested in developing their cooking skills in a professional and friendly environment.
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Hand Picked Hotels
At Hand Picked Hotels, we like to shape and develop long-lasting careers with opportunities for promotion for current team members as well as welcoming new talent to join our teams.
We are looking for Attentive, Natural, Charming & Creative Hospitality professionals to join our Hand Picked Team
One of our core values is family and we believe that being passionate about what we do is key to our great working atmosphere. Our valued team members are hard-working and committed, offering attentive, charming and natural service to allow our guests to feel indulged, at home, captivated and inspired during and after their stay... and they have a lot of fun in the process too!
You make it Hand Picked!