Salary - Up to £34,000 per annum
Schedule - Full Time
Experience - 1 year as a Assistant Restaurant Manager in a quality restaurant
BAO Shoreditch are seeking an Assistant Restaurant Manager to join the team of their exciting new opening in Shoreditch. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable and passionate about all thing's food and drink. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager looking for an opportunity in an award winning, critically acclaimed group.
BAO will be opening a new restaurant on Redchurch Street in Shoreditch. BAO’s goal is to create restaurants that offer a different experience to each other, inspired by our founder’s upbringing and travels around Asia. Each restaurant within the group has been designed with a unique narrative & menu.
As Assistant Restaurant Manager, you will be responsible for the performance of the front of house team, leading them by example to deliver the highest levels of service and an exceptional guest experience; and you will work closely with the Kitchen team to ensure that the quality of the food offering is consistently delivered, as well as the Directors to proactively drive the business forward.
If you have the following, then BAO wants to hear from you:
- Prior experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager within a high quality restaurant;
- Warm, personable and professional nature;
- Be creative with excellent attention to detail;
- Passion for and knowledge of food and beverage and the London restaurant scene;
- Ability to inspire, motivate, lead and develop teams;
- Working knowledge of food hygiene and health and safety requirements;
- Ability to manage staff costs and review rotas accordingly;
- A good understanding of managing a P&L;
- Ability to implement and maintain effective standardised systems, processes and controls;
- Good knowledge of or experience in Asian cuisine and culture is a bonus!
- 50% off dining across BAO and JKS Restaurants;
- School of BAO - workshops, talks and field trips;
- BAO yearly anniversary gifts;
- A personalised learning and development plan to develop your skills and knowledge;
- Employee Assistance Program
Created by Erchen Chang, Wai Ting & Shing Tat Chung in 2013, BAO started in a shed in a car park in East London. BAO opened its first restaurant in Soho in April 2015, winning a Micehlin Bib Gourmand 5 years running. BAO now has 4 restaurants, one in Fitzrovia and its third in Borough Market. In 2020, BAO opened a new concept restaurant, Café BAO in Kings Cross; a delivery brand, Rice Error; and their online digital supermarket, Convni.