Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - https://www.kesslercareers.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Objective / Purpose
The main objective of the Event Services Manager is to bridge the gap between Revenue Management, the Sales Department and hotel operations, as well as coordinate the activities of the conference personnel and room reservations team to make the arrangements for group meetings, conferences and social events. The incumbent must possess strong organization skills, is self-motivated and self-directed, has previous experience in a group hotel environment, and is technically strong with the numerous systems required to do the job successfully. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature.
- Maintain the integrity of the guests privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control.
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette.
- Create detailed event orders to meet the specifications of the client, manage room blocks, food and beverage requirements, meeting room setups, billing, and other additional needs of the client.
- Communicate and enforce contractual agreements to the client pertaining to meeting space, food and beverage, and special concessions.
- Responsible for the collection of attrition charges owed.
- Ensure that all guest checks, payments, master folios and advanced deposits are submitted to accounting; ensures that any other information, which is necessary and/or helpful for successful catering or group business is submitted to appropriate departments.
- Ensure Rewarding Events points are posted following conclusion of event
- Collaborate with restaurant operations to assist in development, design, and implementation of custom menus.
- Maintain proper documentation of events, changes and special requests with updated Banquet Event Orders, group resumes and rooming lists. Provide accurate and concise information to all departments.
- Facilitate EO and group resume meetings.
- Organize and conduct site visits, pre-planning visits, pre-con and post-con meetings.
- Function as the on-site contact to client and address challenges or concerns immediately
- Presence required at the start of all functions and to remain on property until meal service has begun
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to include restaurant, spa, gallery, and outlets for upselling
- Ability to work with vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all groups
- Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all groups.
- Greet all clients (in rotation with MOD and other managers for rooms only groups) as they arrive on day of arrival
- Competently utilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms to effectively detail and track the progress of groups from turnover through execution.
- Maintain accurate, organized and up-to-date files including computer filing and sales platform records (attachments, traces, activities, etc.).
- Actively participate in the Sales and Catering conference calls.
- Complete required reporting and documentation.
- Responsible for attrition charges owed.
- Enter all Definite and Tentative Groups into the Brand CRS and the hotel s PMS as they book and set up group billing masters.
- Enter and manage shoulder dates (three days prior and post) for all Groups, closing shoulder dates that we will not take the Group rates.
- Trace all decision dates for Tentative Groups. Contact the Sales Manger as decision date is approaching and obtain and report status to Revenue Management.
- Trace all cutoff dates for Definite Groups. Check blocks within cutoff dates daily to drop excess inventory.
- Manage Group inventory in appropriate systems.
- Work with Sales Managers and Kessler Revenue Managers for room block increases and obtaining addendums.
- Enter rooming lists into Brand CRS/PMS. Complete rooming list updates as requested.
- Correct all FIXME rate issues.
- Balance CRS and PMS inventory daily.
- Load new rate codes in Opera.
- Perform â€œGroup Scrubâ€ with Brand Revenue Manager prior to weekly Yield Meetings.
- Complete monthly GRC Audits of all appropriate Brand Systems.
- Attend and participate in weekly Yield Meetings.
- Actively Participate in Monthly GC Conference Calls.
- Complete group Projections in sales system weekly.
- Provide daily pick-up reports to KRMs.
- Post deposits daily for individual reservations.
- Complete the Deposit Ledger refunding cancellations weekly and on last day of month.
- Enter all Group Blocks and individual reservations in as new weeks roll into KDATE.
- Process Travel Agent commissions daily.
- Update information screens of brand systems to include DH screens and Epic.
- Amenity Shops of market comp set annually.
- Long Term Stay Rate Shop of market comp set annually.
- Audit Epic Scorecard bi-weekly.
- Do daily and weekly checks for $9999 rate and correct as needed.
- Process and resolve all reservations issues in MARSHA reservations queues.
- Actualize groups in appropriate sales system within 5 days of group s departure.
- Manage reservations inquiries through website and email.
- Post Rewarding Events for groups as they depart.
- Make test calls for all external reservation sources.
- Complete special projects in a timely manner as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets.
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, property management systems and access according to specifications.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals.
- Attend required training and meetings.
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all tasks related to the Event Manager position
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to demonstrate cash handling procedures and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, upgrades and percentages
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and proficiency of office equipment and property management systems, and job-related software
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
1. Bachelor s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
2. 1+ year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title required
3. Experience within luxury brand/markets required
4. Marriott experience- preferred
5. MARSHA, Opera, CI/TY, experience- preferred
6. Student or graduate of hotel management preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, and sit up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Beaver Creek, CO, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible