Belmond El Encanto, a luxury hotel, has been meticulously restored to capture all the romance and glamour that endeared it to both the local Santa Barbara community and visitors alike. Ninety-two quintessential, California-styled suites and bungalows dot the lush, terraced grounds featuring seven-acres of gloriously landscaped gardens with sweeping views of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean. Original architectural features have been lovingly restored, including the historic, trellis-lined Arbor and Lily Pond. Modern additions to the expansive outdoor zero-edge pool and a new beautifully appointed boutique spa enhance the journey for today’s luxury-seeking guest.
We are seeking an exceptionally warm and capable Concierge to ensure that the highest caliber of service is being offered to all guests, in accordance with Forbes five star standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Act as a goodwill ambassador for the hotel and the company and a liaison between our guests and the community-at-large. Practice aggressive hospitality at all times.
- Anticipate and handle guest issues and concerns in an accurate, efficient and professional manner, including booking tours, making dinner reservations; arranging for babysitting; ordering and delivering flowers, and amenities; ensuring delivery of parcels, mail and special deliveries to guest rooms; arranging for limousine, airport, and other transportation services.
- Uphold the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Remember and use guest names at all times.
- Respond and take care of concierge emails.
- Experience/become familiar with as many visitor attractions as possible in order to be more informative to guests.
- Maximize participation in the local concierge association activities in order to stay informed on all Santa Barbara has to offer visitors.
- Maintain knowledge of local restaurants. Work with local restaurant managers to maintain relationships with them
- Maintain a cash bank.
- Send faxes; make photocopies; run errands.
- Provide a strong sense of arrival and welcome; greet all guests in a friendly, warm, and professional manner.
- Manage all VIP arrival and ensure all needs are meet. Meet and greet every VIP arriving to the hotel
- Manager all VIP outreach
- Assist with delivery concerns.
- Assist guest transportation and valet as needed
- Maintain cleanliness of concierge desk and lobby area.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel features/services, outlets, hours of operation, etc.
- Practice emergency procedures in compliance with hotel/company standards; react and assist in hotel emergency situations as needed.
- Ensure by example that the Belmond philosophy is known.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to outside organizations and the community.
- Be knowledgeable of, implement, communicate, and comply with policies of Belmond, Belmond El Encanto and its Human Resources Department.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guest and general hotel information.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
Belmond El Encanto offers a full array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage. In addition, the company pays for basic life and AD&D as well as short term disability. Team members can choose additional coverage to include voluntary life/AD&D, spouse life/AD&D, dependent life, critical care, hospital indemnity, accident and flexible spending.
The Company offers paid time off, sick pay, a 401(k) program with Company matching, and an employee assistance program. Team members enjoy free cafeteria meals and discounts on food and beverage, spa treatments, and retail boutique items.
The Discovering Belmond program offers complimentary accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains and cruises.