El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel, has been meticulously restored to capture all the romance and glamour that endeared it to both the local Santa Barbara community and visitors alike. Ninety-two quintessential, California-styled suites and bungalows dot the lush, terraced grounds featuring seven-acres of gloriously landscaped gardens with sweeping views of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean. Original architectural features have been lovingly restored, including the historic, trellis-lined Arbor and Lily Pond. Modern additions to the expansive outdoor zero-edge pool and a new beautifully appointed boutique spa enhance the journey for today’s luxury-seeking guest.
We are seeking a talented Gardener to be responsible for the general maintenance of the gardens, plants and lawns. Duties will include:
- Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, seed sowing, bed preparation and planting.
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery.
- The use of cylinder and rotary mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers.
- Adjustments of mower height and quality of cut, etc.
- Report equipment malfunctions to engineering as and when noticed.
- To ensure all equipment, machinery are stored securely and clean after use.
- Plant and transplant flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns.
- Maintain gardens by naturally fertilizing, trimming and making sure that plants are receiving adequate water.
- Prune trees and hedges in ways that help the plants' health, are safe and look good.
- Maintain lawn and grass areas using machinery, natural fertilizers
- To keep the gardens and footpaths clear and free from litter at all times.
- Planting (purchasing, organizing etc.)
- Pruning and cutting hedges.
- Outside maintenance including pathways, pond, steps, walls etc.
- Tiding up and cleaning outside of the hotel building.
- Good knowledge of plants, must be organized and able to follow schedule.
El Encanto offers a full array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage. In addition, the company pays for basic life and AD&D as well as short term disability. Team members can choose additional coverage to include voluntary life/AD&D, spouse life/AD&D, dependent life, critical care, hospital indemnity, accident and flexible spending.
The Company offers paid time off, sick pay, a 401(k) program with Company matching, and an employee assistance program. Team members enjoy free cafeteria meals and discounts on food and beverage, spa treatments, and retail boutique items.
The Discovering Belmond program offers complimentary accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains and cruises.