We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Groups and Events Coordinator to join our wonderful Groups and Events team. Here at Mount Nelson, our venues provide the perfect setting; whether you’re planning a large-scale business event, a show stopping wedding reception or a more intimate cocktail party, our team puts together some incredible events. If you have previous experience within the events industry then we would love to hear from you.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing quotes, making follow-up calls with prospective clients and holding meetings with clients who are interested in hosting an event.
- Quote and contract all potential business through all available booking channels.
- To optimise sales & profitability through an effective and efficient reservations process whilst enhancing relationships with existing clients.
- Manage site inspections in conjunction with the Sales team.
- Spend time in each function / event to ensure that the guests and organisers are well looked after and to support banqueting where needed.
- To ensure that function sheets are compiled accurately on a weekly basis and that any changes are recorded on change sheets and distributed to the relevant parties.
- Maintain close working relationships with all other departments in the Company; keeping them updated and involved in all details of upcoming functions and groups.
- Ensure you remain knowledgeable on all aspects relating to the hotel room configuration and banqueting operation and services available; menu options, beverage knowledge, wine lists, function room layout, hotel room layout etc.
- Inform other departments and follow up with regards to special instructions / requests.
- Preparing the daily change sheet and distributing accordingly. Performing daily banking duties.
- Preparing the weekly function run pack and distributing accordingly.
- Taking refunds, commission claims etc. to accounts daily.
- Printing of all menus, name place cards and door cards.
- Assisting clients with floor plans when required with the use of Visio.
- Qualifying group enquiries in the absence of the Sales Manager or Groups and Events Manager.
- To ensure that function sheets and Group file covers are compiled and distributed on a weekly basis and that any changes are recorded on change sheets and distributed to the relevant parties.
- In the absence of the manager, attend weekly Groups meetings to ensure sufficient follow up and information shared with Sales team.
We will only process Your Personal Information in accordance with the Belmond Global Privacy Notice for Employees and Others available here and for recruitment purposes.
We will keep Your Personal Information until the job position which you applied for is filled, whereafter we will delete Your Personal Information.
Should you not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please do accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Competitive basic salary
Medical aid & pension fund benefit