Previous experience working within a in a similar role.
4 or 5 star hotel experience required.Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Attention to detailEducation or Certification
Good level of English essential.
NVQ’s and relevant qualifications required.
- Prepare, supervise and cook on assigned station of work.
- Oversee food production by commis chefs, demi chefs, and chef de parties in the kitchen.
- Assist Sous Chef with taste panels and menu classes.
- Discuss food production problems through with Sous Chef.
- Assist Sous Chef with menu planning, stock control and costing.
- Deputise in the Sous Chefs absence.
- Assist Sous Chef with departmental promotions and sales opportunities.
- Rotation of foods – First in First out (FIFO).
- Check quality of mis en plans and report any problems to the Sous Chef.
- Take on job training to Commis 1 and 2 and Demi Chef de Partie.
- Make sure production sheets (e.g. steak charts etc.) are filled out and updated on a daily basis.
- Make sure all food items are sent to the correct area on time.
- Be able to work on other sections when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
- Attend all department meetings on or off duty (off duty will be paid).
- Follow the ‘Clean as you go’ policy and keep work areas and fridge’s tidy at all times, and have a supervisor check before you leave.
Ensure the 48-point checklist is being enforced and follow-up on any areas likely to fall short of full marks with the Executive Chef
Liaise with restaurant manager, supervisors and waiting staff as necessary in order to achieve high guest satisfaction.
Take on any other reasonable request made by hotel management.
Breaks and meals – as laid down in the staff handbook, 2x15 minutes and 1x30 minutes for lunch and dinner depending on hours of work.
If sick, report to, contact the kitchen manager on duty, and then follow SSP procedure as laid down in the staff handbook.
Fill out the appropriate cleaning charts, temperature charts etc. on a daily basis.
No associates to be on the property after working hours without authorisation of Manager.
Overtime will be approved as and when business levels demand.
Follow all kitchen regulations as outlined and directed.
- Job type
- Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible