Previous experience working within a customer service environment essentialSkills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
- Quick to adapt to procedures
- Well Presented
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Calm and patient in Emergency situations
Good level of English essential
- To be aware of the Marriott Front Office SOP manual.
- To be able to use Opera Front Office PMS.
- To be able to use Marsha, the global reservations system.
- To be able to operate Mitel Switchboard and Voicelink messaging system.
- To use the Front Office Shift Checklists.
- To complete on-line back ups every two hours.
- To be fully aware of the daily sell strategy, current sales strategy, special rates and promotions, corporate agreements and discount conditions.
- To complete a full and correct shift handover, with Front Office handover sheets completed and filed.
- To be fully versatile with all Hotel facilities and actively promote them.
- To register guests into the Hotel, taking into account legal requirements, Company policies and Marriott brand standards.
- To understand the Vingcard system, and issue guest keys as per procedure
- To be fully aware of facilities offered in our Business Centre.
- To understand and adhere to all accounting procedures.
- To be aware of all Group arrivals of the day, and action all requirements and wake up calls.
- To liaise with the Shift Leader / Reception Manager regarding VIP and all other special arrivals of the day. Ensure VIP policy is followed.
- To liaise with Concierge regarding directing guests to their room, luggage handling and car parking procedures.
- To be able to assist with guest queries regarding places of interest, such as shopping, entertainment, theatres, restaurants etc.
- To accept parcels, faxes, messages and any other delivery, both for guests and Hotel, as per procedure.
- To be able to send guest and Hotel faxes.
- To be able to assist with queries or requests for information via Front Office e-mail.
- To liaise with Housekeeping regarding early arrivals, day lets, extended stays, early departures, room moves and all other special requests.
- To be familiar with the daily Conference and Events business in the Hotel.
- To handle guest complaints according to the LEARN and empowerment processes, referring to the Shift Leader as appropriate.
- To be able to work shifts on a rota basis, normally 07.00 – 15.00 or 15.00 – 23.00. Occasional shifts in other departments, including night shifts, may be required.
- To understand, and comply with, all procedures detailed in the Associate Handbook.
- To be aware of, and comply with, Hotel image standards.
- To fully understand our Brand Standard requirements, and their implication to the Front Office and Hotel.
- To attend and contribute to Front Office departmental meetings.
- To understand Marriott’s Guest Satisfaction Survey and its implications on the Front Office and Hotel.
- To have a good knowledge of all aspects of Marriott Rewards, its benefit to its members, earning possibilities, redemption procedures and affiliated airline partners.
- To actively promote enrolment in Marriott Rewards scheme to all arriving non-members.
- To ensure that guests receive a genuinely friendly, prompt and efficient service at all times.
- To understand Marriott’s ‘First Ten’ programme and service standards, and comply with them.
- To understand, and embrace, our Spirit to Serve programme.
- To undertake reasonable requests from any senior member of the Front Office team.
- To undertake appropriate training, as recommended by Front Office Manager.
- To understand the signing in and out procedure.
- To establish a guest account upon registration, as per Hotel policies, for direct billing, credit card and cash payment.
- To be fully aware of all third party payment restrictions, as per procedures.
- To fully understand Hotel policies regarding cheque payments.
- To fully understand, and comply with, Hotel and Company cashiering procedures.
- To be responsible for a cash float, and ensure its security at all times, as per procedure.
- To audit and balance each day’s shift, prepare daily banking, and report any discrepancies to the Shift Leader.
- To complete and understand the Credit Limit Reports, and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
- To be aware of major currencies, and be able to exchange them.
- To present all adjustment, corrections and ‘paid outs’ with correct correspondence and signature as per procedure.
- To be able to operate, and be fully aware of, Hotel’s Business Centre pricing of business services.
- To understand the Front Office and Hotel Fire, Bomb and Health & Safety procedures, and to be able to action them.
- Fidelio / Marsha / Mitel systems.
- Marriott Rewards Training.
- Standard Marriott / Company Training schemes.
- To maintain security of all Hotel assets, and to report any loss or damage to the Shift Leader.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act regarding the disclosure of information
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Town Centre, Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible