About the job
Together with whole kitchen team, the ultimate goa lis ensuring that quality culinary dishes are being served, ensuring high level and contentment.
• Report on a weekly base to restaurant general manager
• Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
• Assist in constructing typical dishes ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
• Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the Customer
• Plan orders of equipment and ingredients according to identified shortages
• Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients, provide inventory report
• Ensures and a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated na organized for quality assurance
• Remedy any problems or defects, arrange for repairs when necessary
• Assisto on hiring and firing, provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
• Oversees the work of subordinates, estimate staff´s workload
• Maintain records of attendance
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulation and safety standards
• Ensure your kitchen is always clean, safe+welcoming for the benefit of your team+guests
• Create an environment where your team understands how importante they are to our guest experience
• Record daily HACCP reports
• Organize and adjust weekly staff schedules to the restaurant needs
Want to be part of our team? Send your CV with your address, date of birth and photo. Stay tuned for the check-in call.
We look forward to your feedback!
- Department: F&B kitchen
As a Head Chef he/she will organize the kitchen activities. He/she will be the second in command, contrlling and organizing the restaurante kitchen and other food related units within the concept.
Knowledge and experience:
• Proven experience as head chef, minimum 1 year in a high volume restaurante
• Ability in dividing responsabilities and monitoring progresso
• Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
• Credentials in health and safety training
• Knowledge and controlo food, and labor cost reports
• Ability to spot, prevent and solve problems afficiently
• Are aware of local labor and social regulations
• Commercially aware leader who ensures your team delivers exceptional food quality through each +every dish served
• Be hands-on, have a professional and positive attitude
• Passionate about food & people, you care about your guests + your team, creating a positive place to be
• Proactive in developing your people, through coaching + developing, you lead the back of house team to be the best they can
• Must have clear verbal and literary communication skills in english and in local language
• Good listener to apply your staffs suggestions and needs in order to improve efficiently in operations
• Delegate and divide orders over the different kitchen departments to have all the dishes ready at the same time
• Following up any changements in buying prices, report and negotiate with suppliers
- Language required: English. Spanish and Portuguese are a plus
Check-in in Lisbon, Porto or Barcelona and embark with us on an unforgettable "Asian Food Journey"! Enjoy our original recipes, without fusions or reinterpretations, prepared respecting local traditions and with original ingredients by experienced chefs (many of them native of the countries we represent). We promise to take you on a journey through China, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Taiwan, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Philippines and even India from our space inspired by the Asian markets of the 1920s. Start or end this adventure with our incredible signature cocktails, mocktails or an Asian beer for a complete experience.