About Jumeirah and the hotel :
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.An opportunity has arisen in the Food & Beverage department at Burj Al Arab for a highly motivated and hard working Team Leader. The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for the restaurant set up and its operation/organization according to the Burj Al Arab policy and service standards and SOP's.
About the role :
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cashier to join our Food & Beverage Team. The main purpose of this role is to ensure all cash income is balanced and banked correctly and all outlet funds are secured.
Your main duties would include:
- Adhere to the Jumeirah and specific Hotel standards
- Strictly adhere and execute Finance Directives at all times
- To ensure all the sold menu items are properly recorded in the Micros and are settled according to the given payment
- To ensure that there is no unauthorized food and beverage consumption in the outlets if any report to the Outlet Manager
- To ensure that the first check and last check numbers are recorded properly in the check register
- Prepare the Open Food & Beverage menu item Report at the end of the shift
- To ensure that to maintain the outlet cash logbook
- To ensure the discount policies are followed and applied correctly
- To ensure prices in the menu and the Micros are same, any differences notify the cost controller/outlet manager
- To ensure that the correct cash payment given by the guest for the bill
- To ensure that the Credit Card slip has the authorization code on it and obtained guests signature
- To ensure all the members charges are posted according to the member number on the check
- To ensure that the In-house room charges posted according to their name and the room number on the check
- To ensure that to provide copy of the In-House guest checks to the Front Office Cashier for closing purposes
- To ensure that if there is any foreign currency transaction, correct exchange rate is applied
- Update the Void report during the shift and take approval from the Outlet Manager for each item
- To ensure that to print all the Financial reports at the end of the shift and to balance all the checks according to the settlement mode
- To ensure that there is no Open Check in the system at the end of the shift
- To help out in other areas of the restaurant if and when required
In order to be considered for this role, you will have completed Secondary Education and have experience working in an office environment. Background in Food & Beverage would be an advantage. Experience in cashiering transaction.
You should also have good analytical and computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications particularly MS Excel. Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written).
About the benefits:
- Job type
- Dubai Investments Park, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Burj Al Arab - Jumeirah Group
Yet for all the wonder this stunning structure provides when you finally see it in person, it is the service within that really makes the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah so extraordinary.
Repeatedly voted the world's most luxurious hotel, this magnificent destination offers you the finest service and experiences throughout - right down to an optional chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce, helicopter trips from an iconic helipad, private beach access, luxury leisure on a breathtaking terrace with pools and cabanas as well as some of the world’s best dining venues, including the highly acclaimed Nathan Outlaw at Al Mahara.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah suite-only accommodation offers discreet check-in within your suite, a private reception on every floor and a host of personal butlers, each a warm messenger of our unparalleled hospitality.
Come and experience it for yourself.