At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance and Accounting Executive Income Auditor to join Finance in Burj Al Arab. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To audit daily Rooms, Food & Beverage revenue summaries and their supporting reports of the Night Audit process.
- To ensure that all the Conference & Banqueting revenue has been recorded correctly.
- To audit the daily General Cashier's report. Verify General Cashier statement and ensure all the collections are banked.
- To prepare the listing of cashiers shortage/overage from the General Cashier's Report and submits to the Finance Manager for appropriate action.
- To verify that the Daily Revenue Report reflects all transactions correctly.
- To review paid-outs and allowance vouchers for reasonableness, proper approval and supporting documents.
- To maintain numerical control of all bills and to ensure all are processed and accounted for. Any missing bills should be investigated.
- Open check report to be checked from Symphony. Review split check report to ensure compliance with procedures
- Extract the full discount report from symphony, check all the backups are received apart from 100% bills
- Daily No sale – tracking and verify Split check followed by discount
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 year experience in similar role
- A Recognized Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent command of English-spoken and written
- Ability to train and supervise colleagues in the department.
- Excellent computer skills including Micros, Opera , Resort Suite and ICG, Sun
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Burj Al Arab - Jumeirah
Yet for all the wonder this stunning structure provides when you finally see it in person, it is the service within that really makes the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah so extraordinary.
Repeatedly voted the world's most luxurious hotel, this magnificent destination offers you the finest service and experiences throughout - right down to an optional chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce, helicopter trips from an iconic helipad, private beach access, luxury leisure on a breathtaking terrace with pools and cabanas as well as some of the world’s best dining venues, including the highly acclaimed Nathan Outlaw at Al Mahara.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah suite-only accommodation offers discreet check-in within your suite, a private reception on every floor and a host of personal butlers, each a warm messenger of our unparalleled hospitality.
Come and experience it for yourself.