About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Security Officer to join Security department in Burj Al Arab. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Act vigilant and proactive at all times, respond immediately to all incidents as per the incident response procedures and report them to the immediate supervisor in order to resolve any security issues in a timely and discrete manner.
- Conduct full security patrols of the hotel as directed, and record and report all irregularities in order to ensure the early detection and mitigation of any risks.
- Implement the hotel Emergency Operations Plan and Crisis Management Plan, when required, in order to ensure the rapid and effective response to any incident and crisis.
- Monitor and control the hotel entrance, restrict access to unauthorized visitors, and report any such attempted breaches so that the hotel environment is maintained secure.
- Screen and control the access of vehicles and delivery trucks to the hotel premises in order to ensure only authorized vehicles are allowed to enter.
- Enter all incidents into the security reporting system and ensure they are updated as and when required so that all security-related information is accounted for and maintained up-to-date.
- Complete visitors and contractors log books so that they are officially authorized to have access to the hotel.
- Ensure that all lost and found property is handed in for recording and storage in a timely manner so that it can be recuperated upon request.
- Monitor the CCTV cameras and other security equipment in order to ensure that all potential and actual security risks are detected and managed.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Must have Higher Secondary School Certificate or working towards recognized Security Industry Qualification
- Must have Dubai Police approved training certification
- A minimum of one year Security Officer experience or its equivalent.
- Must have knowledge of fire and safety, First Aid and CPR.
- Ability to act calm and respond quickly in crisis situations and emergencies.
- Ability to communicate clearly with authority especially in emergencies.
- Fluent in written and spoken English as well as knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Applications
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Security, Other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Burj Al Arab - Jumeirah
Yet for all the wonder this stunning structure provides when you finally see it in person, it is the service within that really makes the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah so extraordinary.
Repeatedly voted the world's most luxurious hotel, this magnificent destination offers you the finest service and experiences throughout - right down to an optional chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce, helicopter trips from an iconic helipad, private beach access, luxury leisure on a breathtaking terrace with pools and cabanas as well as some of the world’s best dining venues, including the highly acclaimed Nathan Outlaw at Al Mahara.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah suite-only accommodation offers discreet check-in within your suite, a private reception on every floor and a host of personal butlers, each a warm messenger of our unparalleled hospitality.
Come and experience it for yourself.