About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
About the Job:
- Assists in the co-ordination of organizational and administrative functions in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department.
- Assists in planning and implementing programs, policies and procedures to ensure that service standards are met.
- To ensure that the departmental objectives are cascaded to the colleagues.
- Carries out assignments and instructions as delegated by the F&B management team ensuring that all company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and minimum standards are adhered to at all times.
- Assists in the co-ordination of special promotions and provides administrative support necessary.
- Interacts with management of other department within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
- Follows up and at times initiate maintenance orders and purchase requests
- Assists in monitoring the activities of competitor hotels.
- Participates in public relations activities, sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the hotel.
- Provides creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the hotel.
- Assists Outlet Managers in the planning and implementation of effective sales and promotional activities to ensure maximum revenue.
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to Outlet Managers & Assistant Outlet Managers to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
- Monitors and takes corrective action to reduce waste, misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen and supplies.
- Handles guest complains and operational challenges.
- Investigates and follows up on Revinate feedback for corrective action actions and improvement.
- Ensures Health, Safety and hygiene standards are maintained.
- Actively involved in the recruitment and hiring process of colleagues.
In order to be considered for this role you will ideally possess a management qualification from a recognized hotel or business school. It is essential that you have 1 year experience in a similar position and 3 years’ experience as an outlet manager in Luxury Hotel group in multicultural environment.
You will have a very strong command of the English language (verbal and written). It is highly desirable if you are proficient in written and spoken Arabic or any other language such as French, Italian, German, Spanish & Chinese.
You will also have a passion for working in hospitality, are solution orientated, motivator, flexible and a team player.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, complimentary use of Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Management, F&B other, F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Burj Al Arab - Jumeirah
Yet for all the wonder this stunning structure provides when you finally see it in person, it is the service within that really makes the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah so extraordinary.
Repeatedly voted the world's most luxurious hotel, this magnificent destination offers you the finest service and experiences throughout - right down to an optional chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce, helicopter trips from an iconic helipad, private beach access, luxury leisure on a breathtaking terrace with pools and cabanas as well as some of the world’s best dining venues, including the highly acclaimed Nathan Outlaw at Al Mahara.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah suite-only accommodation offers discreet check-in within your suite, a private reception on every floor and a host of personal butlers, each a warm messenger of our unparalleled hospitality.
Come and experience it for yourself.