About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
About the Job:
- Assisting the Director of Leisure & Well-Being in all aspects of managing the retail operations in order to maximize profitability and the highest of customer and quality satisfaction.
- Ensuring efficient staffing levels are set on daily basis in order to cover all aspects and demands of the business.
- Ensuring that retail outlet is properly maintained i.e. tidy, clean and stocked up in order to meet high level of customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Being able to ensure the outlets are in compliance with policies and procedures in order to run a smooth operation.
- Setting up incentives programs in order to motivate colleagues and increase revenues and profit.
- Analyzing CSI reports on a regular basis in order to achieve satisfactory levels of customer service.
- Tracking cash overages and shortages in order to minimize any discrepancies in the sales and revenue report. Take preventative measures to ensure future discrepancies do not re occur.
- Conducting corrective coaching and training on a regular basis to team leaders in order to increase knowledge and productivity.
- Holding daily briefings with the colleagues in order to communicate all important information.
- Making requisitions or bookings in the ordering system in order to maintain stock levels on a daily basis.
- Conducting daily inventory counts of all retail outlets
In order to be considered for this role, you must be High School or colleague graduate. It is essential that you have worked in the retail environment as well as handled large scale retail operations.
You will have a very strong command of the English language (verbal and written). Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office, Purchasing System (preferably Adaco).
You will also have a passion for working in hospitality, are solution orientated, motivator, flexible and a team player.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Management, Retail
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Burj Al Arab - Jumeirah
Yet for all the wonder this stunning structure provides when you finally see it in person, it is the service within that really makes the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah so extraordinary.
Repeatedly voted the world's most luxurious hotel, this magnificent destination offers you the finest service and experiences throughout - right down to an optional chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce, helicopter trips from an iconic helipad, private beach access, luxury leisure on a breathtaking terrace with pools and cabanas as well as some of the world’s best dining venues, including the highly acclaimed Nathan Outlaw at Al Mahara.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah suite-only accommodation offers discreet check-in within your suite, a private reception on every floor and a host of personal butlers, each a warm messenger of our unparalleled hospitality.
Come and experience it for yourself.