About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
About the Job:
- Support the Learning and Development Manager/Director in ensuring that the business unit is applying Jumeirah Learning and Development Processes and standards in a way that is consistent with other business units and is adopting best practice.
- Support the Learning and Development Manager/Director in ensuring that Burj Al Arab is meeting Regional and business unit training targets and objectives
- Coordinate with JLC on the nominations and confirmations for the courses and inform business accordingly
- Deliver Jumeirah Way courses, BAA Induction for BAA colleagues
- Effectively utilise the Learning Management System (LMS) to update attendance, create courses and add nominations
- Effectively utilise the Talent Management System (TMS) when required to assist colleagues and produce the appraisal reports
- Complete administrative tasks required to ensure effective operation of the department, e.g. maintain training records and files
- Support the English classes enrolment and maintain the database for assessments, class results, waitlist and other documents
- Manage the Cross Training Process and assist cross trainees across Burj Al Arab and other Jumeirah business units
- Manage with room set up and any required preparation towards training programs, meetings, etc
- Manage the training room inventory and ensure that the room is set on daily basis as per the required standards(flipcharts , pencils, pens, markers in working condition , tables , chairs and all the room items are in the room and in good condition ).
In order to be considered for this role, you must have formal qualification in training related field or graduate in hospitality qualification. Hospitality experience is viewed as highly desirable.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, complimentary use of Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Latest start date
- May 2018
Burj Al Arab
Yet for all the wonder this stunning structure provides when you finally see it in person, it is the service within that really makes the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah so extraordinary.
Repeatedly voted the world's most luxurious hotel, this magnificent destination offers you the finest service and experiences throughout - right down to an optional chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce, helicopter trips from an iconic helipad, private beach access, luxury leisure on a breathtaking terrace with pools and cabanas as well as some of the world’s best dining venues, including the highly acclaimed Nathan Outlaw at Al Mahara.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah suite-only accommodation offers discreet check-in within your suite, a private reception on every floor and a host of personal butlers, each a warm messenger of our unparalleled hospitality.
Come and experience it for yourself.