Salary - up to £37,000 per annum
Schedule - Full Time
Experience - 1 year as a Sous Chef in a quality restaurant
Cafe BAO are seeking a Senior Sous Chef to join their team. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable and passionate about all thing’s food and drink. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Sous Chef looking for an opportunity in an award winning, critically acclaimed group.
Cafe BAO is a new concept by BAO, inspired by the Western style Cafes in Asia, Kissatens in Japan & Boleros in Taiwan. Cafe BAO has a counter to go serving BAO Bakery Good, Bubble Dreams and Coffee. In addition to the alacarte menu, Cafe BAO serves brunch at the weekends. On the mezzanine floor, there is a Bakery Workshop Room which overlooks the main restaurant. This space also doubles up as a private dining space. Each restaurant within the group has been designed with a unique narrative & menu.
As Senior Sous Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of consistent, high quality and innovative dishes throughout the operation. You will play a key role in menu development, working closely with the Head Chef; you will assist in managing the overall kitchen operation, including prep schedules, stock control, budgeting and maintenance, as well as the day to day management of the kitchen team.
If you have the following, then we want to hear from you:
- Previous experience as a Senior Sous Chef or Sous Chef in a high quality Restaurant;
- Strong awareness of trends and seasonality of produce;
- A highly creative approach to your work with excellent attention to detail;
- Proven ability to manage, train and motivate a Kitchen brigade;
- Experience scheduling and reviewing staff rotas;
- A working knowledge of health and safety, compliance and procedures;
This is a very exciting opportunity not to be missed for a talented Sous Chef eager to join a restaurant group with ambitious plans.
- 50% off dining across BAO and JKS Restaurants;
- School of BAO - workshops, talks and field trips;
- BAO yearly anniversary gifts;
- A personalised learning and development plan to develop your skills and knowledge;
- Employee Assistance Program
BAO is more than just a place to eat. It is a place where design meets food, at BAO we Think Food, Serve Design. BAO started in a car park in East London in 2013, and the group now has 5 restaurants; Rice Error, a dlievery brand; and Convni, their online digital supermarket.
At BAO we seek people who warm our souls through cooking and hospitality. We strive to cultivate an environment where our design is inspiring, where our unconventional way of thinking bring humour and innovation; our detail challenges you to do your best.