Contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and applies sound business acumen to support information technology (IT) objectives. The Senior IT Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional Office leadership with technology planning, implementation, and maintenance. The Senior IT Manager will work with Regional Office associates, vendors, and Regional Leadership. The Senior IT Manager is typically assigned to moderate to highly complex offices depending on level of experience.
- Previous experience supporting highly complex units (e.g., resorts, enhanced GPNS systems, high number of network devices, etc.).
- Previous experience in Americas IT or Marriott HQ IT Support desirable.
- System-related professional certifications desired.
Meeting Client Technology Needs
- Manages technology/asset life-cycle. Confirms that necessary equipment (PCs, servers, telecom, etc.) is ordered and available.
- Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s)’ performance problems.
- Oversees disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
- Confirms that technology assets are secure and well-maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
- Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
- Performs adds/moves/changes/deletions.
- Confirms that adequate bandwidth exists and that circuits are secured.
- Supports end-use cellular phone issues.
- Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems.
- Escalates problems as appropriate through defined escalation channels.
- Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server/network.
- Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
- Performs routine to complex desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
- Provides end-user support to property staff, business center.
- Resolves issues with setup or reset of security passwords.
- Supports email and use of MI network.
- Creates and maintains secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine/non-routine preventative maintenance.
- Executes disaster recovery plans.
Supporting Office Projects and Global Initiatives
- Provides IT expertise and knowledge on projects impacting assigned the Regional Office.
- Reviews solutions and processes developed by vendors engaged on the project.
- Supports communications for all new applications/system installations and problem resolution.
Managing Work within Budget Targets
- Assists/provides input to Regional Office Leadership for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and office support/needs requirements.
- Reviews operating statements, invoices for IT services; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges.
- Oversees compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual.
- Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management.
- Assists in the reviews of vendor proposals to determine appropriate vendor selection for local technologies/hardware.
- Confirms compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
- Writes/presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in written and/or oral formats.
- Provides customer service.
- Provides detailed status reports as requested.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of mechanical or technological operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines, computers, tools and other equipment, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Installation - Installing computers, software, equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Telecommunications - Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Language Proficiency – Fluent proficiency in English and Spanish, written and oral is required.
- Job type
- Plantation, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible