Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Reporting into the F&B Manager, the successful candidate will be required to utilize their professional knowledge of F&B Marketing, restaurant, bars and Room Service Operations; Hygiene and sanitation, Inventory control together with abiding by the company policies and procedures in order to manage the day to day Food and Beverage operations.
Education and Experience
- Matric; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- MICROS experience essential
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques within Room Service, Bars and Restaurant operations.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Food and Beverage Operations:
- Overseeing the daily operation of the Towers Restaurant, managing and guiding the Restaurant Supervisors, ensuring the restaurant is well maintained through staffing levels, stock control through operational and administrative policies and procedures.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Seek and maintain both guest and employee satisfaction while aiming to achieve and meet the Hotels Financial goals.
- Daily / weekly and monthly stock takes to be conducted of beverages and operation equipment
- Assisting with calculating of daily food and beverage cost of sales and immediate action on variances
- Assisting with calculating of selling prices to ensure an acceptable profit margin
- Industrial Relations: managing and correcting employee misconduct and work performance, provide support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities.
- Provides excellent customer service by responding quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Assists F&B Manager as needed with creation and implementation of checklists, assisting with audits and LSOPs.
- Maintaining effective operations by liaising with all F&B areas as well as other departments
- Facilitate the development of staff through the training plan in line with the Hotel’s standard
- Forecasting anticipated volumes of business to maintain sufficient stock levels and schedule STAFF accordingly
- Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the F&B areas are of the highest standard
- Assisting with implementation and maintenance of the F&B marketing plan.
- Safe and proper control of all Food and Beverage equipment
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Century City, Cape Town, South Africa
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible