Area of Interest: Information Technology
Job Title: Applications Analyst
We are currently seeking an Applications Analyst with 5+ years development experience, with at least 1-2 years working with Oracle APEX development. The Application Analyst has the responsibility for all aspects for the application development and implementation of assigned projects of software and application solutions. The Application Analyst is able to work on projects and assignments within either a waterfall or agile/scrum software development methodology. The position requires the ability to plan, design, code and support complex applications. The Application Analyst is considered a SME for one or more internally developed or COTS applications.
- Develop, troubleshoot, and debug software applications problems. Conduct performance analysis, and suggest potential solutions for complex programs and systems leveraging strong analytical skills.
- Interpret related business processes and documentation and translate them into application designs and development specifications.
- Provide effort estimates for tasks to completion then work to meet those estimates; proactively escalate any issue estimation issues.
- Participate in multiple aspects of the testing phase in accordance with the SDM: Develop test scripts and or participate in the acquisition of such. Take responsibility for unit testing developed code, ensuring it passes all test scripts. Perform and direct performance of system testing of the developed solutions. Provide support and leadership to UAT cycle(s). Help lead issue prioritization and resolution in partnership with both QA and Business teams.
- Construct and maintain the necessary documentation and artifacts in accordance with Carnival’s System Development Methodology (SDM) under the guidance of a Project Manager or Supervisor. Present findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and/or oral presentations.
- Participate and provide leadership for production deployment of developed solutions. Provide post deployment / stabilization support. Help lead issue prioritization / resolution and assists in directing. Effectively turn over work to support team once stabilization is achieved. Perform Subject Matter Expert role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or the equivalent related technical work experience.
- About 5 years of comparable software/application development experience of including analytical and design responsibilities. Holds a working knowledge of technologically appropriate tool sets and relevant operating systems.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team environment, accepting guidance, and following directions.
- Possesses competent leadership skills in addition to good analytical skills.
- Technical skills should include experience in analysis, design, and construction of applications using the following set of technologies:
- Strong in design, development and testing skills on Oracle database and tool sets.
- Strong people skills and be able to communicate technical and non-technical information effectively.
- Solid experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience with debugging tools
- Experience with performance testing
- Strong Oracle and Oracle APEX database development skills including designing database structures, packages, procedure, triggers etc.,
- Solid experience using SQL development tools like SQL*Developer, TOAD etc., PL/SQL development tools, Unix shell scripting
- Solid experience in developing APEX applications (4.2, 5.0 or greater) with rich UI experience in transactional forms
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req7610Job ID 4805052
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible