Area of Interest: Marine Operations
Job Title: Assistant Technical Operations Manager
We are currently seeking an Assistant Technical Operations Manager. The Assistant Technical Operations Manager will support the Technical Operations Manager, Hotel Superintendent and Technical Operations Director by managing logistical and procurement tasks and through proactive follow up on delinquent PO's, cabin request, among others. The Assistant Technical Operations Manager will serve as point of contact for all ship technical issues when the Technical Operations Manager is not available and will monitor data collected from ship technical performance reporting to provide recommendations for long-term technical operations planning.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for ship maintenance including the development of execution plans for services delegated by the Technical Ship Leaders, completion of items identified in service order checklists, timely delivery for services and parts required by ships and processing approved requisitions
- Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with shared services to book cabins and acquire riding teams for assigned ships as needed to service ship requirements
- Collect and analyze data for ship technical performance reporting to support Technical Ship Leaders in providing technical operations solutions and long-term planning
- Provide support to Technical Operations Managers for annual planning and budgeting process, weekly meetings, ship maintenance requirements, identification of service providers, and others as required
- Follow up with purchasing for overdue items and provide frequent status updates to Technical Ship Leader as required
- Serve as back up to the Technical Operations Manager in providing support for all ship technical issues as required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in technical marine operations
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills for frequent interactions with Shoreside staff
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with others from multiple departments across CCL
- Knowledge of marine technical and regulatory compliance
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple ship activities simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of CCL procurement process
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req8654Job ID 6384388
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible