Area of Interest: Sales
Job Title: Business Development Manager - South Florida Territory
We are hiring a Business Development manager for your South Florida region. In this role you will design and implement strategies to educate and advise travel agents with the goal of increasing sales and market share with a key group of travel agency accounts in order to meet or exceed established objectives. Be directly accountable for promotional activities leading to revenue production resulting from sales by travel agents and identified KPIs from assigned geographic area on all major product groups for Carnival Cruise Lines. Promote company products to accounts through in-person sales calls, online webinars, telephone and written communication. This position does not currently require making sales to consumers of Carnival products.
- Design and implement strategies for territory management and business development guidance to ensure long-term relationships are consistent and continue to grow in accordance with corporate objectives
- Provide travel agents with online promotional materials and collateral as requested. Make recommendations to enhance agency marketing effectiveness
- Enhance promotional effectiveness, facilitate development of marketing strategies and provide feedback reports to inform management of and analyze competitive conditions
- Maintain frequent contact with RVP/VP North America to ensure territory needs are met and opportunities are addressed
- Educate travel agents on features and benefits of Carnival Cruise Line products and provide sales and marketing assistance (e.g. develop effective sales and marketing plans). Make assigned sales calls per week in specified territory to travel agency accounts as directed by RVP/VP North America
- Ability to identify and develop any incremental sales opportunities (corporations, associations, clubs, etc) to secure charter / incentive programs and facilitate accordingly
- Have primary responsibility for co-op needs and territory budget management
- Be able to re-direct service related inquiries directly to resolution points
- Work in conjunction with Strategic Partners, Trade & Community Relations Team & Regional Accounts to maintain clear and consistent communication with travel agent accounts to achieve revenue & KPI targets. Conduct sales blitzes to target specific “high-need” sailings or itineraries
- Lead seminars and FAMs; participate in trade shows, etc. as needed
- Complete tactical projects as assigned
- Maintain accurate and detailed agency database through Sales Logix or current CRM
- Complete requested / required reporting of activities, and tracking of budgeted tools on a timely basis as requested by RVP/VP North America
- Remain current on information received by the Strategic Communication Team
- Bachelors Degree in Sales and marketing preferred
- 5 years in sales and marketing experience required
- Excellent organizational, management and communication skills, including public speaking
- Must possess planning, budgeting and forecasting skills
- Mbility to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- strong knowledge of Carnival Cruise Line products
- Minimum of five years of relationship-sales experience in the travel industry, including a track record of revenue growth
- Must include experience in retail consumer marketing and broad-based travel agency accounts and/ or distribution systems
- Must be willing to travel frequently and work evenings and weekends
- expert sales specialist
- Be proficient on GoCCL and other Carnival related electronic programs
- Microsoft office intermediate to advanced level (Excel & Word) and Outstanding PowerPoint
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9352Job ID 7000995
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible