Area of Interest: Marine Operations
Job Title: Business Supply Chain Analyst
You’re a natural with numbers and data. You’re an expert in Excel or any other Reporting tools. You have a good understanding of data base architecture and a keen interest in supply chain analytics.
In this role you will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on purchasing data, including support of ongoing operations and processing orders. We currently use Crunchtime to place orders to replenish the ships inventory. We are implementing Iprocurement which will include Punchout functionality to assist in processing the ships request for goods; experience in either system would be highly beneficial. Since both systems feed our larger Oracle databases, working knowledge of Oracle Purchasing and Oracle Iprocurement is desirable.
You have a couple of years’ professional experience, or are a recent Master’s Degree Graduate in Supply Chain or Analytics. You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance – ideally with a focus on IT/Systems.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to speak to you! Please submit an application today.
The Supply Chain Business Analyst is a key contributor to the organization by providing analytical and operational support to the Supply Chain team. The analyst works with Purchasing management to develop new analytical reports and tools that are presented to the Executive team. The analyst will be expected to synthesize large quantities of purchasing related data from various purchasing/finance systems into actionable qualitative and quantitative analyses. The analyst will be required to make recommendations and take action using the results of the data and/or processes being analyzed. This position will help support the CT (Crunchtime), CTX (CrunchTime Exchange), Oracle Purchasing and Oracle Iprocurment processes both operationally and via newly desgined analytics-analytics that will ensure that the ships receive what they are requesting from the Purchasing team.
- Define, evaluate and analyze purchasing data for Purchasing Management team and for Executive presentations. Need to be able to create clear, useful reports showing trends which will be used as backup for implementing recommended changes.
- Interpret data and present clear, concise results. Team should be able to reach concrete conclusions supported by data. Using the results of the data analytics, the Business Analyst will make recommendations and implement new processes that are determined to be needed.
- Analyze current processes and data maintenance for all Purchasing systems used by CCL. Using the results of the analysis, suggest and implement improvements to shorten order cycle time and to ensure that the data that is in the system or is being entered into one of the systems is accurate.
- Support the ongoing operation including submitting orders and maintaining contracts, pricing and vendors in the various purchasing systems.
- Lead and participate in system upgrades and testing
- Perform other job related functions as assigned by the Director, Supply Chain
- Follow prescribed guidelines and procedures defined in the Purchasing Manual
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, and Finance – with a focus on IT
- 3 years + experience in analytics, solid understanding of database architecture
- Report Writing skills; Excel; understanding of supply chain data
- Self-motivated; dedicated; good/working understanding of database architecture
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req8629Job ID 6991928
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible