Area of Interest: Marine Operations
Job Title: Crew Medical Services Coordinator - Contractor
We are currently seeking a Crew Medical Coordinator. The Crew Medical Coordinator will function as an extension of the on board medical team to provide continuity of care. To provide case management for medical evaluation and follow up of team members at any time their condition warrants time off the vessel, no matter where their treatment is organized. To ensure that appropriate medical care is provided in a cost effective manner until that crew reaches maximum medical cure. Primary Duties will include but are not limited to: Ship/Port Care that includes Institute & maintains an ongoing contact with the on board medical team to develop professional working rapport. To act as a liaison between the on board medical team and shore side medical providers to facilitate medical appointments, assist with retrieval of medical reports, and assist with communication between the specialist physicians & Ship board physician. Making all necessary arrangements for repatriation of all crew members in need of medical care, as well as the repatriation of remains of expired crew.
- Institute & maintain an ongoing contact with the on board medical team to develop professional working rapport.
- To act as a liaison between the on board medical team and shore side medical providers to facilitate medical appointments, assist with retrieval of medical reports, and assist with communication with specialist physicians, if requested (includes conference call/provide # of ship or shoreside physician).
- In the event of needing to arrange the transfer of a team member from either ship or port of call - work in conjunction with all ship board teams (HR, team member’s department & medical) plus when required local port agents.
- Case Management and Quality Assurance. Logistical decisions on all crew care in Ports of call.
- Care Services and Management for all crew in US and ports of call
- Review of medical & travel invoices for medical care (ensure that invoice matches medical records received.
- Maintain a medical file for each disembarked Team member.
- Initiate, Maintain up to date information and timely closing claims in the documentation system(s) as necessary (AON aka Risk Console).
- Perform routine chart review (with either medical manager) to ensure all current medical information has been received.
- Can act as a nurse escort when Team member’s condition warrants and scheduling allows and On call rotation per schedule, for 24/7 coverage for medical coverage / emergencies either onboard or Shoreside.
- Bachelor in nursing ; RN preferred, case management certification a plus.
- Knowledge in the Medical Industry.
- 3 or more years in clinical related administration position.
- Knowledge in the medical industry and care to patients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and complete in timely manner.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req8276Job ID 6451894
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible