Area of Interest: Operations Management
Job Title: Director, Bar Ops & Bonvoyage
We are currently seeking a Bar Ops and Bonvoyage Director. The Bar Ops and Bonvoyage Director is responsible for overseeing beverage trainings across the entire CCL fleet. Develop and Partner with Hotel Directors, Guest Operations Leaders and Food Services Management to implement all new beverage procedures and policies. Maintain appropriate staffing levels by recruiting management and frontline team members for the beverage department. Manage the Beverage “Work Smart” scheduling tool and its implementation.
- Forecast and monitor beverage budgets. Adjust spend and programs as necessary to meet all financials (spend/revenue). Assist with preparation of annual operational budget.
- Manages the beverage “Work Smart” scheduling tool to ensure appropriate staffing requirements are satisfied. Ensure Management and Frontline team member recruiting is completed timely.
- Develop new beverage programs and influence Hotel Directors, GOL’s, Food Service Management and the Captain before implementing. Most ships will have individualized programs so it’s critical to partner with Guest Shipboard Operations VP’s prior to implementing to ensure successful alignment.
- Develop, implement and monitor the beverage training program criteria for each ship throughout the fleet. Manage Bar College and College Trainers. Manages relationships with outside training partners
- Implementation of new beverage policies and procedures for each ship
- Assist with new projects, e.g., change of china or a new menu implementation, etc. Assist with selection of beverage offering
- Ensures the responsible service of alcohol onboard and all necessary training to ensure the safety of our crew and guest
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Discipline/ Major: HRM or Business preferred
- Sommelier, Cicerone, or equivalent
- 10 years in hospitality with at least 5 years in beverage management
- In depth wine, spirits and beer knowledge are mandatory in addition to strong hospitality and FOH service knowledge
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9347Job ID 6990532
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract