Area of Interest: Information Technology
Job Title: Director, Connectivity Architecture and Performance Engineering
We are currently seeking a Director, Connectivity Architect and Performance Engineering. This position provides technical leadership for the analysis, design, development of optimal shoreside, ship to shore, and onboard connectivity and data transport to achieve and sustain world class Connectivity services for the Carnival. This position will lead the team of architects and performance engineers who will be responsible for the optimization of end to end connectivity services for the fleet. This will include recommending and managing the deployment of infrastructure, analyzing applications to determine what can be done to further optimize, and performing studies to determine where efficiencies can be garnered in our end to end infrastructure.Do you want to help shape the future of the internet and communications aspects of the cruise industry with the global leader? This may be the opportunity for you.
- Leadership of connectivity architecture performance discipline – Lead cadence for regular fleet wide process to continuously monitor and enhance the internet and connectivity experience onboard our fleet. Work with technology partners, manage the selection, design, and deployment of Infrastructure. Work closely with other groups within IT and the business to collaborate and create a continuous detailed work plan to ensure we are providing the optimal technical solution and most cost effective service delivery of connectivity ecosystem to our fleet. Correlate your efforts to the improvement of customer satisfaction metrics across the fleet. Ensure dry dock and new build process is seamless.
- Lead the development of a world class end to end monitoring solution designed to measure end to end guest and crew experience.
- Holistic Connectivity Architecture– Create the architecture, approach, and work plans for our holistic connectivity strategy for corporate, shipboard and telephony applicaitons. Work with business partners, finance, vendors to define the optimal solution set to exceed our guest and business expectations. Maintain Dry dock and new build work plans, designs, as built documentation, including system specifications. Design and keep the next generation iCafe product frictionless connectivity for our guests, team members, and enterprise at our ports as well as our ships.
- Pilot Programs – Lead the evaluation of new technologies, products and services that can bring network-wide efficiencies and savings to Carnival Corporation WAN network resources. Work as necessary assisting our operations and service partners to validate, isolate, and resolve issues during pilot and production phases; Create reports indicating success factors, issues, and improvements that can be achieved for the corporation.
- Management reporting, availability & performance - Lead the Analysis of network performance data and develop plans to address any service impacting trends via architectural fine tuning and our break/fix organization; develop and provide reporting on a regular basis to brand and corporate management.
- Operations availability & performance (Guest/Crew experience = End2End) - Establish performance and availability Metrics to allow for Global Infrastructure Services to deliver world class services to Guests and Crew; in conjunction with key stakeholders, design and establish SLAs and provide reporting on the compliance with these targets; identification of needed terrestrial circuits for acquisition. Optimization and monitoring of existing and future circuits.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree
- Discipline/ Major in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. Advanced Masters degree required
- Technical and managerial certifications are desirable.
- 10+ Years in an architecture and or technical leadership role. Ability to mentor and coach managers and engineers to provide optimal business outcomes. 8+ years as an architect leading complex network designs, DNS, LAN/WAN, Telephony, Wi-Fi, Routng/Switching.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking protocols and standards, routing, multicast, testing of IP based Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices, applications and QoS.
- Experience in RF communications with experience fine tuning WiFi ecosystems in large environments where connectivity is a must.
- Cisco Certifications (CCDE, CCIE or higher) strongly desired. Awareness of PEGA, SIP, Avaya call center solutions, Citrix, cloud computing, SDN and its relative impacts to infrastructure, process, performance.
- Hands on experience with telecommunications networks (Internet protocols, routing, queuing, effects of delay and packet loss, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of satellite communications.
- Experience with traffic shaping, firewalls, internet optimization products/appliances such as caching, pre-fetch, compression, and others.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Must have excellent system and component level design, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with network equipment, testing, troubleshooting, specification of hardware and software.
- Ability to capture and analyze IP packets using tools like Ethereal or Tcpdump.
- Experience in supporting installations, upgrades, and system integration efforts.
- Must be competent with interpreting and using electrical and mechanical engineering drawings, cables lists and similar documents.
- Must be proficient with electrical and communications wiring, operation and setup of personal computers.
- Ability to collaborate well across geographically diverse teams.
- Out of the box thinker that is passionate about service to business partners as well as our guests.
- Passionate about making a positive difference.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req8767Job ID 6432436
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible