Area of Interest: Marine Operations
Job Title: Energy Efficiency Project Manager
We are currently seeking an Energy Efficiency Project Manager. In effort to reduce operating costs, minimize marine environmental footprint, and maintain regulatory compliance CCL has become a recognized industry leader in measures to reduce fuel consumption. As current initiatives move toward fleetwide deployment and new technologies become technically and financially viable, CCL is looking to expand its current capabilities to accommodate additional technology demonstration, adoption, and implementation projects. The scope of this position is both technical and managerial in nature. Technical decisions and approval shall include equipment and 3rd party vendor selection and technical specification writing to ensure proper integration with existing shipboard systems as well as classification and regulatory compliance. Managerial decisions will revolve around the planning, collaboration, and budgetary aspects of the project.
- Propose and develop business cases for energy efficiency initiatives
- Ensure proper planning and timely execution of project(s) aimed to reduce fuel consumption
- Efficient and effective implementation of new energy conservation initiative(s)
- Collaborate with Chief Engineers, Ship Managers, and Class Directors in project planning, implementation, and execution phases
- Provide viable solutions and corrective actions required to address issues encountered with the implementation of a new technology which require a higher level of expertise in the specific field
- Provide input to annual planning and budgeting process for energy conservation, as applicable
- Manage the budget related to energy conservation project(s) of responsibility. This includes period reviews with Energy and Class Directors to flag issues and situations that may impact the overall budget
- Define detailed specifications for work that needs to be performed by 3rd party vendors and clear criteria for QC checks to be performed by the Sr 1st Engine Officer at work completion
- Provide due diligence in investigating and assessing energy conserved
- Participate in commissioning review upon project completion
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Naval Architecture preferred
- 5+ years in maritime industry or 7+ in an energy conservation role in manufacturing, power production, or consulting, increasing responsibility throughout career with leadership role(s)
- Strong technical and analytic skills to ensure proper equipment selection, implementation, and operation leadership and management ability to properly plan and execute 2+ projects simultaneously
- Strong time management skills to keep project(s) moving forward
- Strong communication skills as collaboration with multiple parties will be necessary
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9275Job ID 6912284
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible