Area of Interest: Human Resources
Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the VP, HR Shipboard, as well as their direct reports. The main objective of the position is to ensure the administrative requirements of the function are appropriately addressed.
- Provide administrative support for the VP, managing the calendar and scheduling appointments. Manage and coordinate all travel itineraries and arrangements for the VP and members of the team as needed.
- Handle incoming calls and respond independently when possible. Review materials and print as needed, in advance of meetings. Prepare PowerPoint presentations as instructed. Possess the ability to write correspondence – independently and professionally.
- Organize events, meetings and conferences including the coordination of facilities, caterers, invitations, speakers and event budgets. Responsible for all logistics and coordination related to department/group meetings. These meetings may involve participants from multiple departments and or vendors including travel, booking meeting rooms, catering, audio/video, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Act as department liaison to current and potential vendors and service providers.
- Provide project administrative assistance as needed within the department.
- Manage invoice payments and tracking for all department expenditures which includes use of MS Excel spreadsheets for recording and tracking. Complete T&E statements for the VP, HR Shipboard and other reimbursement forms for approval.
- Liaise with IT and HR for new employee onboarding and setup.
- Manage office supplies inventory control/purchase for department.
- Manage department timesheet collection and tracking through KRONOS.
- Act as the department coordinator for Document Retention and Management, according to the company’s policies.
- High School Diploma, Associate’s Degree is preferred.
- Executive level administrative experience – Min 3+
- Ability to communicate confidently at the highest levels and build effective internal and external relationships.
- Excellent organizational awareness and proven ability to operate in a matrix environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must).
- Bi-lingual –English and Spanish is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Visual acuity is required to perform activities such as: filing, preparing data, viewing a computer screen, reading documents, reports and emails.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9299Job ID 6811234
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible