Area of Interest: Executive Management
Job Title: Government & Port Relations Aide
The Government and Port Relations Aide reports directly to VP Global Ports & Caribbean Government and supports the SVP, Port & Destination Development and V.P. of Port Development and Operations.
- Prepares reports, presentations, and other products as directed for the purpose of engaging the Government and others in the Caribbean region.
- Provides financial analytical support for tracking and understanding various performance indicators and statistics for the region.
- Tracks daily news in the Caribbean region to identify key risks and opportunities to the company
- Performs research on Government and governmental agencies in the Caribbean region
- Assists with the planning, coordination and execution of port events, meetings onboard ships and other activities
- Research community and other NGO organizations in each destination to identify partnership opportunities
- Responsible for managing the contract tool that houses all Port contracts
- Work closely with brand representatives to gather data and info needed on their performance in the region
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline required, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and Spanish
- 2 to 4 years’ research and analytics experience with exposure to Cruise industry preferred
- Solid research and analytical skills
- Ability to write clearly and concisely and prepare written products and presentation
- Must be very well organized
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet timelines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
req9350Job ID 6983857
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible