Area of Interest: Operations Management
Job Title: In House Retail Shops Experience Manager
Reporting to the Director of In House Retail (IHR), this position will be fully responsible for the IHR Onboard Shops P&L by serving as the driving force to maintain a best-in-class shopping experience for Carnival Cruise Line (CCL) guests. This role will drive alignment and organization between Shoreside direction and onboard execution while delivering sales/revenue results and executing the overall IHR strategy. Key success will be measured on the overall guest experience and revenue trends. The role will oversee multiple proprietary retail businesses operated by CCL; this includes already developed brand experience and new experiences to be developed.
- The IHR Shop Experience Manager will be responsible for IHR Shop Operations and P&L. Managing sales goals and fleet wide retail team members with an ability to analyze measurable metrics while providing meaningful action plans to drive execution consistency fleet wide.
- Manager of IHR onboard team member’s fleet wide including scheduling, training, and performance evaluations. Work in unison with Shoreside HR on the hiring and overall placement of IHR team members.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of the shop experience guidelines and manuals while executing operational and visual excellence for thousands of retail items.
- Manage the onboard execution process for shop merchandise, in-cabin and secondary location deliveries; encompassing guest care follow-through and audits.
- Oversee multi-department partnerships, including Entertainment synergies to execute unique retail events while also maintaining consistent guest-care guidelines fleet wide (including safety procedures and refund processes)
- Develop and coordinate a clear retail events promotional calendar including pop-up events, holiday specials, and promotions that evolve the day to day offer.
- Manage onboard communications, promotions, direct marketing, sales strategies, seasonal campaigns, signage, new events, benchmarking, while maximize promotional and marketing strategies through markdowns and/or reposition strategies.
- Partner with the Product Manager and Inventory Team to provide input on concept development, product display and availability. Collectively, deliver execution plans for day to day maintenance, quarterly visual updates, renovation execution and ‘new idea’ implementation.
- Execution excellence with fleet wide consistency is a critical factor in the overall success of new ideas and fleet wide strategy updates
- Partner with the IHR eCommerce Manager to drive the strategy to enhance the shore to ship communication; drive the clean/clear/concise lines of communication to best maximize onboard execution and the delivery process for products purchased pre-cruise through CCL’s eCommerce platform.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Marketing, Business, Commerce, Administrative Computing, Visual Merchandising, Industrial Engineer, Administration, Management, Interior Designer, or Entrepreneurship.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in retail operations management and merchandising management, Visual Merchandising experience/Aesthetics’ sense, High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, Communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and orally; business professionalism, Ability to continuously prioritize own workload with minimal direction, Thorough and advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Detail oriented and comfortable working with numbers daily, Proven ability to build cross-functional relationships and collaborations
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9358Job ID 7007952
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible