Area of Interest: Information Technology
Job Title: Intern - Connectivity Performance Engineering
We are currently seeking a Connectivity Performance Engineering Intern. The Connectivity Performance Engineer - Intern will work within the Global Guest Connectivity and Performance engineering team and will be responsible for updating data networking diagrams, producing and analyzing daily performance reports, auditing data network elements health and coordinating project deliverables with the project management team. The intern will also help seasoned architects with network, satellite, and application performance tasks.
- Management reporting, availability & performance - Run and analyze daily performance reports and distribute to the team.
- Operations availability & performance (Guest/Crew experience = End2End) - Audit a subset of networking elements to ensure optimal performance. Produce discrepancy reports and deliver to team.
- Architecture, Documentation, and specifications – work closely engineers to update or create data networking drawings.
- Ongoing Projects - work closely with the project management team to ensure deliverables and resources are in alignment. Produce weekly status reports
- High School Diploma or GED/ Associate’s Degree
- Discipline/ Major: Working towards Electrical Engineering, Computer/Data Network Engineering, Computer Science, Data networking; Wireless, LAN, WAN, RF
- Technical experience and courses taken at the University level in data communications theroy, antenna theory, queuing theory, data security, computer programming (Visual Basic, C++, Perl, Curl)
- Junior or Senior in College with a focus on an engineering degree, computer science or technical degree (Open to BS and MS students)
- General understanding of TCP/IP Networking protocols and standards. Basic understanding of routers, LAN switches, firewalls, WAN circuits, VSAT, RF, Linux, Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration