Area of Interest: Executive Management
Job Title: Manager, Beverage Global Strategic Sourcing
You know how to Convert Data to Value. You are a trusted sourcing expert and business partner in the beverage space; you have at least three years of experience working with multiple beverage categories.
You have spent the last 5+ years developing your analytical skills at a large hotel chain, theme park or other major hospitality player. You know that all business is based on relationships so you are an excellent communicator and relationship builder. You have strong influencing skills and the ability to work seamlessly across our 10 brands because you truly understand the different stakeholders’ needs.
If reporting directly to the VP, Global Sourcing Food & Beverage at a Fortune 200 Company at the world’s largest cruise line sounds like your next career move, we’d like to make your acquaintance.
Please submit your interest today!
This position reports to the Vice President Strategic Sourcing Food & Beverage and is responsible for establishing and leading the execution of the sourcing strategies for the key spends in the beverage area which account for about $160MM. The area includes but is not limited to Wine, Spirits, Soda, Juice, Beer and Water.
Main objectives are drive value through the development of sourcing strategies for each sub category, to identify supply sources, develop sourcing strategies, update schedules and specs with the involvement of multiple business units, and recommend alternative products of same or better quality at a more favorable cost or yield. Create and publish monthly Market News and Trend Letters, identify key commodity trends, world supply and demand events and other noteworthy items that will impact current and future product availability and cost.
Develop the sourcing strategies
- Align the priorities at Group level taking in consideration the peculiarities of each operating companies
- Create the Vision and develop a plan for the specific categories within the beverage area (Strategic and Business Thinking)
- Provide the top line Market Prospective (what key forces are affecting the goods and services we buy)
- Identify major risks for beverage categories and the actions to put in place to mitigate the risks
- Establish bid times and time frames based on most opportune time (historical / seasonal) to buy and discuss with business units to create agreed upon bid schedules Execute Sourcing Strategies
- Research and identify new supplier base, create and administer new supplier approval process. Initiate and facilitate sampling sessions as required and provide detailed feedback
Execute the sourcing strategy
- Manage the Bids, collect and consolidate data, launch the tenders in the market, analyze quotations, build potential scenarios, negotiate with suppliers, finalize the bid maximizing the opportunity for our Group
- Conduct comparison analysis of all bids, recommend suppliers for awards and propose special contractual terms and conditions.
- Consider value proposition of contract against company objectives and guest experience.
- Advise management and make recommendations for potential plans on sourcing, contracts or related functions
- Make the decisions evaluating deepen the risks
- Plan and schedule pre-award meetings and coordinate evaluation process with relevant departments
- Ensure that all aspects of a proposal are given proper consideration.
- Administer contracts and bid schedules and ensure that all contractual requirements are met.
- Follow up with suppliers based on feedback received from the business units
- Monitor contracted volumes and work with business units on overages / underage’s
Partner and collaborate with all Operating Companies
- Work close to all Operating Companies in order to effectively leverage our scale, simplify the supplier base, reduce total cost of ownership, harmonize and rationalize the specs, improve guest and crew satisfaction and create value in the beverage area
- Build solid relationship within the Group, not only with the procurement brands team but also with other stakeholders
- Manage the expectations, clarify and clearly quantify the economics and the related timeframe, educate the stakeholders on the range of results providing clear data
- Work close to Brand’s Operation to understand the impact of the procurement activities on the customers and solve product quality complaints
- Review and resolve contract price or quality product issues with suppliers and business units
- Participate in vendor development activities to improve overall product quality and services and reduce costs, in compliance with guidelines and policies. Activities included but not limited to: tradeshows, seminars and industry events. May assist with special projects such as “spot buying” items based on urgency or business demands
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, hotel management or related field of study; or an equivalent of experience and skills.
Experience: 6 to 10 years of strategic purchasing and procurement experience or contract administration in Hospitality, Food Service, Institutional or Manufacturing Industries with minimum 3-5 years of experience in the Beverage area .
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Great knowledge of Beverage market (suppliers, market structure, seasonality, key risks, supply chain)
- Must have good working knowledge of and experience in purchasing techniques and practices, contract and commercial law
- Skilled in supplier assessment and development; contract bid evaluation; value analysis, and negotiation.
- Skilled cost saving and negotiation abilities
- Strong understanding of economic indicators, price indices, market trends and statistical analysis.
- Must be able to interface independently and effectively with all levels, departments and OpCos within the organization; strong facilitation and project management skills a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain a working knowledge of international, federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the procurement of assigned commodities.
- Ability to maintain ethical and professional relations with suppliers, team members and any other party that conducts business with the organization.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Oracle procurement systems a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced business environment and manage multiple projects at the same time
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
req9290Job ID 7075269
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible