Area of Interest: Operations Management
Job Title: Manager, Casting & Booking
We are currently seeking a Casting & Booking Manager. Responsible for the recruitment, onboarding and scheduling of all shipboard Entertainment positions, including: production show casts, musicians, technicians, youth staff, activity hosts, sports staff, DJs and Cruise Directors.
- Manage the Casting and Booking team to assure proper productivity, focus, teamwork, creativity, communication, morale and motivation
- Develop strategies for recruitment and scheduling of each position, target markets, advertising initiatives, interview and audition tactics, etc.
- Partner with Crew Operations, Shipboard HR, Crew Medical, Travel and other CCL departments to create positive onboarding and scheduling experiences.
- Plan and manage budget to ensure each ship meets financial targets.
- Develop and implement new processes and systems to drive efficiency
- Oversee all of Carnival Entertainment’s digital and social media platforms and strategies.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with entertainment talent, agencies, and schools, creating innovative partnerships to enhance our talent and programs.
- Participate with other leadership in the overall development of new concepts that relate to any and all areas of entertainment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Discipline/ Major: Entertainment Management, Communications, Business
- Minimum of 5 years working with entertainment talent in a casting, booking, recruiting capacity.
- Negotiation skills and understanding of contracts. Organizational skills, ability to set priorities and meet challenging deadlines. Self-directed individual with initiative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. Database knowledge preferred.
- Proven track record of building and developing successful teams.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9271Job ID 6761788
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible