Area of Interest: Hotel Operations
Job Title: Manager, Scheduling
We are currently seeking a Shipboard Scheduling Manager. The role of the Scheduling manager is to lead their respective groups, which ensure Carnival’s ships are both optimally manned, in conjunction with compliance needs, operational needs, crew members’ personal desires and balancing the talent available to us. Critically, the manager will work with departments to review talent in positions, define aspirational core teams, and deliver the scheduling to this, with regard to operational needs and career planning. The manager will be required to meet aggressive manning targets whilst still respecting Carnival’s care and respect for our team members, and preserving our shipboard core teams. As a key touch point between office and ship, they will often act in a career management capacity, in conjunction with shoreside departments. Additionally, they will coach and lead their own scheduling sub-teams to ensure they are effectively and responsively supporting operational needs.
- Manage scheduling for area owned – whether hotel, deck, engine or petty officer – with maximum regard for business priorities, including but not limited to operational needs, compliance requirements, programmatic needs. They must lead their teams to ensure 97%+ manning, support Dry Docks requests and they will also interface with travel as needed.
- Work with departments to support promotion process, including: creating survey input, compiling information and developing recommendations.
- Act as touch point for ship to shore and vice versa, with a specific focus on onboard career management and retention, compensation, attrition risks.
- Own Core Team development and implementation for respective department. Core teams are a strategic initiative to ensure the same senior officers return together to the same ships, providing certainty to the ship and improving operations. The manager will drive talent assessment discussions with management from their assigned operational area to create and develop core teams.
- Participate in the recruiting process for their team members, manage and grow individuals in the shoreside team, including professional development, performance management, building technical skills, and following all applicable shoreside HR processes.
- Deliver regular reporting on variances, individual performance, and department’s pipeline. Liaise with different operations departments, HR, talent acquisition, etc., as needed to manage gaps both short term and long
- Identify and implement ongoing process improvements and cost savings (e.g. contract length adjustments) by utilizing analytical support to develop go-forward view of future establishment, manning needs and opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Discipline/ Major: Any, analytical preferred
- At least 7 years’ experience within cruise industry, onboard highly preferred. Proven experience successfully managing teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and collaborating with others. Italian speaker highly preferred for roles requiring interface with Deck and Engine teams. Prior scheduling experience highly desirable
- Deep understanding of maritime compliance requirements
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9300Job ID 6756264
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract