Area of Interest: Supply Chain/Logistics
Job Title: Manager, Strategic Sourcing
To you, strategic sourcing is the process of converting data to value. You are analytical and highly process-oriented. You possess uncanny influencing skills that make you a very strong negotiator.
You have 5+ years’ experience in a large corporate environment where you managed the strategic sourcing function for multiple sites or business units. As our Manager of Strategic Sourcing, you will interact with and support a wide range of stakeholders internally as well as at Carnival Cruise Line’s parent company and sister brands, so it’s important that you are an experienced and engaging cross-functional relationship builder.
Ideally, you have extensive experience within technical, mechanical or electrical sourcing within the industrial, hospitality, cruise, or maritime industries. Professional certifications in procurement, supply chain or project management, such as CPSM® or ISM, is highly preferred.
If you also have Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree in Engineering, an MBA, and a couple of years at a top tier management consultancy, you’ll likely make it to the top of our list!
We’d love to speak to you!
To drive break-through savings across CCL while mitigating risks for the organization.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager focuses on an assigned category portfolio in order to achieve improvements in assurance of supply, quality, cost, service levels, and cost.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager applies category management best practice tools and techniques in the development and implementation of an integrated sourcing strategy; assesses the overall opportunity of the spend category, engages the stakeholders with facts and data, and set initial targets; creates a category management business case, launches the team and project; segments the category, identifies current and future business requirements and assembles all necessary information; performs a rigorous analysis of business, supply chain and supplier data to generate options and document a strategic source plan; and launches a source plan strategy into practice through implementation planning, negotiations with suppliers, contract execution and implementation of change.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager works closely with functional stakeholder management teams, across the Brands (operating lines), All Brands Group, and suppliers to ensure effective strategy development and implementation.
- Engages and Collaborates with CCL stakeholders, ABG and sister brands
- Identifies Strategic Sourcing Opportunities
- Manages Strategic Sourcing Initiatives
- Manages Contracts and Key Supplier Relationships
- Delivers Results to Performance Goals and Measurements
- Master's in Engineering or Business preferred or demonstrated technical acumen; M.B.A preferred or demonstrated business acumen
- Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) from the Institute of Supply Management® (ISM) is a plus
- 5+ years general leadership and management experience required (demonstrated indirect leadership is highly valued); in a “Fortune 500” enterprise or top management consultancy
- 5+ years leading strategic sourcing initiatives utilizing best practices category management methodology (“six-“ or “seven-step process”)
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; champion of change management; good problem-solving and analytical skills (data analysis fundamentals); advanced planning/project management skills; expert negotiating skills; advanced level knowledge of contracts;
- Knowledge of business, markets, and various industries, including well-developed technical and commercial knowledge of the products with emphasis on products related to technical operations (engines and propulsion systems, electrical, mechanical, and electronic systems, and, maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) spend.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to champion the procurement initiatives in cross-functional teams within CCL and across the operating brands.
- Skilled in all Procurement process disciplines including spend category management, prioritization and alignment of sourcing opportunities with overall CCL business goals, market and cost analysis, contract negotiations, supplier selection, contract structuring, development and implementation of supplier performance service level agreements performance metrics, supplier value management, contract benefits capture, and procure-to-pay processes
- Strong communication skills with ability to tailor for CCL Executives, management, stakeholders, teams and Suppliers (written, presentation, oral)
- Proven ability in developing and leading high performing teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills in a team environment
- Strong spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) proficiency (especially pivot tables, lookup tables, macros, VBA)
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma or other continuous improvement tools preferred; Six Sigma Green or Black Belt a plus
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9284Job ID 6874941
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible