Company: Carnival Cruise Line
Area of Interest: Marine Operations
Job Title: Max Occupancy Project Manager - Contractor
We are currently seeking a Max Occupancy Project Manager. The primary focus of the position is to study the possibility to maximize the number of persons onboard and consequent developing Lifesaving Saving Appliances (LSA) onboard CCL vessels. The management assignment includes feasibility studies, planning and executing schedules ensuring the successful and timely completion of all project tasks.
- The position requirements include the following primary duties and responsibilities. However, this list is not all inclusive:
- Assist Director to assess the current occupancy onboard the Carnival Cruise Line fleet.
- Assist Director of onboard inspections on dedicated systems.
- Assist Director with carrying out feasibilities studies.
- Find cost effective method to optimize occupancy in both short term and long term solutions.
- Communicate with both internal and external parties to organize the essential components needed to initiate, develop, execute and complete all major projects.
- Ensure adherence to deadlines by tracking project changes and the effect each change has on the schedule and completion date.
- Issue Technical Specifications for LSA onboard CCL Ships.
- Verify the plan updates and revise if needed.
- Collaborate with sourcing and purchasing agents to assure that the equipment obtained are in line with technical specifications.
- Collaborate with Ship Managers, Asset Managers and all other Project Managers, as necessary, for project interdependencies.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering desired.
- Experience with Passenger Ship Operations.
- Should have knowledge of Ship design in evacuation and Life Saving Appliances systems, equipment, and their function.
- Project Management skills is essential. Understanding of governing Passenger ship regulations is a plus.
- Extensive Marine Technical Knowledge.
- Ship design.
- Strong management skills in order to assure proper follow through and direction to internal and external parties.
- Project Management experience, good knowledge of computer and information systems as well as good knowledge of quality systems.
- Skilled in Marine Technical Deck and Safety Equipment as well as understanding of ship stability and ship structure.
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience. Job ID 6874940
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible