Area of Interest: Executive Management
Job Title: Project Management Director – Strategic Initiatives
You know Project Management. You have 10-15 years of project management experience leading large, complex, global initiatives, including significant change management and process improvement elements.
You have a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification. You have probably applied your project management skills in a global setting; ideally you also have experience in IT or other technical area.
The Project Management Director – Strategic Initiatives role will be critical in driving key cross-brand opportunities to leverage the scale and strength of the Carnival Corporation portfolio. This role will have the opportunity to drive some of the most impactful and strategic initiatives within our Corporation. Initially, this role will focus on the creation and deployment of Single Asset Management system and processes for our Technical space across all of our Brands.
A key success factor for this role is excellent change management and communication skills, as this position will be at the forefront of significant changes in the “way of working” for our organization. An exceptional leader is necessary to collaborate across stakeholders at multiple levels, geographies and roles in a sometimes ambiguous environment. The candidate also needs to have excellent process improvement and project management skills, with experience managing large, complex, global initiatives.
- Set strategic direction and support key cross-brand strategic initiatives to leverage the scale and strength of the Carnival Corporation portfolio
- Develop and drive progress against integrated project plans, and manage execution through the standard project management toolkit
- Manage projects towards delivery of business results, not only delivery of solutions
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and manage risks and interdependencies, within project and across projects
- Lead small, dynamic project teams comprised of cross-brand/ cross-functional team members and personnel
- Execute financial, operational, technological and process-based analyses to support project work
Change management and communication
- Prepare organization for effective deployment and post-deployment support
- Setup and facilitate effective project governance and stakeholder communications
- Engage with mid and senior level key stakeholders of internal and third party companies
Process improvement/ standardization
- Identify, document, analyse, and improve existing processes to meet the needs of the organization (e.g., process mapping, standardization)
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or similar is required – Master degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification preferred
- 10-15 years of experience with project management as a primary responsibility managing large, complex, global initiatives, including a significant change management and process improvement element. Experience in a decentralized environment is a plus.
- Project management – Proven ability to set strategic direction and manage large, complex, global projects through the use of project management tools, including: developing a business case, project planning, identifying/resolving/ escalating issues, driving progress against objectives, etc.
- Process improvement – Proven ability to identify, document, analyze, and improve existing processes to meet the needs of the organization (e.g., process mapping, standardization)
- Analytics –Strong analytical skills, with a high level of attention to detail and an ability to analyze and solve complex business problems in a fast-paced environment
- Change management – Proven ability to drive change, build consensus, and resolve conflicts despite internal and external challenges
- Relationship building – Proven success in building collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, with an ability to influence without authority
- Communication – Excellent communication skills (both informal and formal - facilitation and presentation), solid executive presence
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interest in Travel and Tourism
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); MS Visio and MS Project experience is a plus
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
req9333Job ID 7037720
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible