Area of Interest: Casino
Job Title: Recruiting Coordinator
We think you are a rising HR/Recruiting Star that is looking for an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a global Fortune 200 Company. In this role you will be supporting all aspects of the high volume recruitment and onboarding needs of our Global Casino Operation’s department.
If you also have at least one year of experience as a Black Jack/Roulette Dealer in a live casino, we’d love to speak to you!
The Staff Coordinator will perform duties to support candidate screening and hiring processes of GCO shipboard casino employees from reviewing applications through to employment offers.
- Assess website applications (and resumes) for onboard casino employment based on qualifying casino (or related industry) criteria.
- Monitor candidates with specific skills that would require the Operations Team to determine validity of experience. Be responsible for making contact with applicant and setting up Skype interview/s.
- Validate all candidates considered for interview against internal list to determine employment eligibility. Send applicants that pass this check to global hiring partners for pre-screening. Compile lists of candidates selected for interview across all regions to keep hiring partners honest.
- Arrange table/Cage tests with shipboard casino management. Organize logistics of getting invited applicants through Terminal, onboard ship, and interviewed as efficiently as possible. Present final results to Manager for decision.
- Conduct preliminary Skype interviews of applicants to determine suitability for shipboard employment. During the interview, educate candidates on the reality of life and work onboard. Discussion to include GCO expectations, promotion prospects (where applicable) and safety matters.
- Ensure proper onboarding of new hires. Liaise with hiring partners to process new hire staff with valid documentation in a timely manner. Manage candidate information (e.g. create personnel record) in our Crew Personnel System (CPS).
- Uphold accurate system for tracking all new hire applicants through each step of the recruitment process from date of offer to boarding vessel to protect against candidate loss. Updated and reviewed on a weekly basis so as to provide schedulers with a pool of staff ready for assignment.
- Maintain records on all new hires being processed, and update, archive and file any new hire/rehire cancellations in CPS, recruitment website and Excel tracking list.
- Send C1/D visa letters to all new hire (and returning crew) and update necessary documentation details in CPS. Record all scheduled assignments and confirm movement (on/off ships for all non CCL brands) in CPS. Process all reference request letters.
- Support Manager with shipboard interviews and table tests in Blackjack and Roulette in various countries.
- Work weekends, as part of the rotation shift in order to provide Emergency Travel assistance.
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager – Recruitment, Training and Development.
- High school diploma or equivalent.College degree preferred.
- Must have 1 year recruiting experience.
- Twelve months experience in dealing Blackjack and Roulette in a live casino preferred. Additional games considered beneficial. Shipboard experience considered a plus, but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional, positive and personable approach.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy in product work.
- Possess the ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid organization skills with the ability to maintain updated new hire records.
- Knowledge of onboard staffing requirements, policies and procedures.
- Decision making skills.
- Reliability with respect to confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
req8843Job ID 6843700
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible