Area of Interest: Audit
Job Title: Senior Auditor
When your friends ask what you do for a living you often answer “I’m a Business Detective”.
Your 2-4 years of experience within a Top Tier Public Accounting firm and/or Internal Audit at a large corporation has prepared you well to work alongside our Senior Leadership. Your intellectual curiosity and tenacity will be crucial for your success as you support our Risk Advisory and Assurance function. You have already obtained, or are working towards, your CPA.
Having spent the formative years of your early career at the pinnacle of Public and/or Private Accounting, you understandably have high expectations for your next move. If you were to speak to finance and accounting professional at Carnival, and we highly encourage you to do so, you might be pleasantly surprised to learn that they have:
- More work-life balance than they are used to
- Can keep the flexibility they’ve come to value
- Amazing career development and professional growth opportunities
- Access to Carnival’s on-site Gym, Day Care, Lunch Cafeteria, Starbucks (with Cuban Coffee!), Dry Cleaner and Gas Service.
Or they’d hone in on how much they enjoy the team-work and support systems we have in place. Or that they have more fun working here!
With 2-4 years under your belt, this may be the perfect time for you to transition into, or continue your development in, private accounting at a publicly traded $16.4B Fortune 200 headquartered right here in South Florida.
If this sounds like you we'd love to speak with you.
Position OverviewThe Senior Auditor will perform the planning, fieldwork and reporting activities for financial and operational audits to provide assurance that controls are well designed and operating effectively and to identify opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Assist and / or lead the planning and execution of financial, compliance, and operational audits
- Interface with management to develop an understanding of key processes, systems & controls and associated risks
- Identify, develop and executive meaningful business analyses
- Document work performed / conclusions reached
- Partner with management to develop appropriate solutions for identified opportunities
- Facilitate meetings with management
- Develop and deliver informative, well-organized executive-level PowerPoint presentations
- Conduct special investigations in a discreet and effective manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field; CPA or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience with Big Four accounting firm, large/complex internal audit department, and/or management consulting firm
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance and basic IT concepts
- High level of professionalism; ability to assess and work with various styles of management
- Ability to analyze complex problems in order to identify common themes and solutions
- Inquisitive nature, resourceful, and an ability to seek out information
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to communicate information
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
req9349Job ID 6949200
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible