Area of Interest: Casino
Job Title: Senior Casino Accountant
For the Global Casino Operations group, the Casino Senior Accountant is a critical role within the Casino Accounting team. This position ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), company policy and other accepted policies and procedures to assure consistency in accounting practices. In addition, this position will prepare journal entries including accruals and reclassifications, will review entries made by the accounting team, prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and perform monthly variance analysis. The position will also be heavily involved in the crew compensation process each month, and work with Casino’s Operations and Marketing teams and IT to ensure accuracy of cost reporting, and assist with internal and external audit requests. The position will also have the opportunity to drive various process improvement projects.
- Record month-end recurring and non-recurring journal entries, including accruals and reclassifications, ensuring all supporting documentation is properly included.
- Review and approve journal entries prepared by the Accounting Analyst and Staff Accountants.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and follow up to clear reconciling items, ensuring all supporting documentation is properly included.
- Balance sheet and income statement variance analysis
- Preparation of various roll forward schedules and the corresponding support schedules
- Analyze accounting transactions from the general ledger to ensure accuracy and appropriate recording of information and calculate, prepare or delegate correcting entries to resolve discrepancies and irregularities in order to ensure month end and financial results are correct.
- Review calculations related to crew bonuses and manage crew payroll calculations.
- Assist with requests from internal and external audit.
- Compile supporting schedules for internal casino operating results.
- Assist with calculations of marketing program commissions.
- Liaison between IT and accounting to ensure proper and timely recording of expenses and capital expenditures.
Projects & Other
- Process improvement projects related to sub-ledger system, crew payroll, and other efficiencies
- Assist with management requests as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. CPA required.
- Minimum 2 years of Public Accounting experience or 4 years of other relevant accounting experience.
- Proven knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel (intermediate knowledge level)
- Experience with Oracle Financials, IBM Cognos TM1 and Blackline is preferred, but not necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a collaborative communications style
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks concurrently, while meeting required deadlines
- Positive, team player attitude with a desire to learn
- Strong process skills and proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Detail-oriented, with a high degree of accuracy in work product
- Creative thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong work ethic with the ability and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as month- and year-end and deadlines
- Skilled with query/reporting tools
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
req8846Job ID 6799538
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible