Area of Interest: Audit
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst - Audit and Business Intelligence
You have an analytical mindset. You are intellectually curious. And you love to apply your advanced PL/SQL and Transact SQL skills in order to analyze vast amounts of data. While you have a keen understanding of quantitative methodologies and data analysis, you err more on the technical side; you have a degree in Computer Information Systems or closely related field.
Inquisitive by nature, you know that your work products become stronger when you are asked questions about your methodology, assumptions and choices. You know when not to take data at face value. You have a relentless attention to detail, yet never lose sight of the Big Picture – What stories are the data telling you?
As part of small high performing tight-knit team, your focus will be in three areas:
1. Support the continuous assurance program – tapping into various systems globally by developing and running SQL queries to identify outliers.
2. Queries for Rotational Review – provide all data needed to support pre-scheduled audits
3. Predictive analytics – Using historical data, create predictive algorithms that would trigger an audit.
You have at least 3 years’ of experience in developing PL/SQL and Transact SQL queries in a global Audit Department or Business Intelligence function. You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels, and within different functions, of a large corporation.
If you are also energetic, fun, and ready to help us shape the future of our data analytics driven global audit praxis/department/processes we’d be delighted to make your acquaintance!
The Senior Data Analyst will assist with the development and management of financial and operational queries across multiple operating companies. Additionally, the Sr. Data Analyst will perform data analysis on complex data sets to provide meaningful information and insight to internal and external management. Given the complexities of the distributed environment, the Sr. Data Analyst must be able to analyze areas creatively, successfully balance multiple priorities and demonstrate strong analytical skills. Further, the Sr. Data Analyst will be expected to have strong project management skills and communication skills. Assignments will be varied and shifting of priorities to meet business demands should be expected.
- Liaise with global audit teams and understand data & analysis needs.
- Manage and develop SQL queries to support the audit function.
- Perform data analysis to identify trends / anomalies.
- Utilize standard tool sets to analyze and present data results
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Preferably Master in Computer Science or MBA (or equivalent)
- 3-4 years of experience performing equivalent functions at a large, complex organization; however, experience requirement may be waived for the right candidate.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in order to understand business issues.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to reach an independent conclusion.
- Ability to identify patterns and meaningful anomalies.
- Ability to interact with and interview various levels of personnel in the organization.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong Business Intelligence experience
- Proficiency in PL/SQL, Transact SQL and corresponding database environments is preferred
- Familiarity with Oracle and SQL databases
- Proficiency in Excel and Power Point.
- Familiarity with dashboard, data reporting and data manipulation tools (i.e., Tableau, SSRS, Hyperion, SSIS, etc.).
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
req8327Job ID 6289424
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible