Area of Interest: Human Resources
Job Title: Senior Director of Talent, Learning and Change
We have a bold vision at Carnival: we are building a World-Class Human Resources Department, and at the core of this vision is our Talent Management function.
You have led cultural transformations in a large enterprise environment. You are a Visionary, that can guide and clear the path towards a culture of continuous learning and development. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are a natural collaborator that excels at balancing different stakeholders’ needs – while understanding our status quo, you are not afraid to shake things up and expeditiously ignite the transformation.
You are a top-notch Talent Development professional with 10-15 years’ experience empowering high performing teams within organizational design, leadership development, and learning.
If you are ready to develop the talent that develops the fun, please submit a confidential expression of interest today!
The Talent, Learning and Change Leader is responsible for the high-impact talent strategy, initiatives and culture for team members. This includes the framework, infrastructure, processes and programs used for the identification, development, promotion, and retention of internal talent to support and drive strategic business goals and objectives. As the leader of the Learner experience, you will be responsible for digitally transforming the learning experience across employees, both Shoreside and Shipboard. You will envision, define and build new learning experiences to deliver the right learning resource to the right individual at the right time. You will lead the learning culture and transformation for the Learning & Development function to a highly engaging and effective Talent Management organization.
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Leads in the design, development and implementation of broad company-wide (corporate and shipboard)initiatives associated with succession planning, leadership competencies and development programs, performance standards, performance management and plays an integral role in the support of systems and tools to support these initiatives.
- Designs and drives succession planning and talent management endeavors and enables the HR team to support the business in succession planning and talent management.
- Develops and implements processes to leverage existing employee strengths and identify improvement opportunities utilizing 360 Feedback, mentoring coaching, training and other programs to support development planning. This includes, designing approaches for executive coaching and mentoring to improve senior executive (Executive Leadership Team and direct reports) effectiveness and team alignment. Works with the broader HR community on utilizing these approaches for enhancing leadership effectiveness.
- Designs approaches for improved performance management and support the change management process in the communication and feedback process for manager and employee.
- Conducts research into the latest methods and measurements for organizational development and incorporates best practices into existing and new practices, processes and tools.
- Assists senior management in the development of solutions through Talent Management, cultural and process-oriented perspectives.
- Develops metrics to assess the effectiveness of learning and development activities.
- Research and select outside consultants and trainers to conduct training on specific topics.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Resources, Organization Behavior & Development, or closely related field is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience with managing teams in the organization development, leadership development, and adult learning functions required. Management consulting experience a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of leadership/management theory and practice, including human resource, Talent Management, talent management, leadership development, performance management, culture development and change management principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and influence skills in dealing with all levels of management and is effective at developing strong credibility and working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of leadership, including experience with coaching, influencing and facilitation for senior management.
- Analysis and problem solving; ability to think conceptually and strategically while maintaining a practical, sustainable, creative and results-driven approach.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Executive level presentation skills, including both visuals and dynamic presence.
- Executive level training, coaching, mentoring practices.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Familiarity with human capital metrics and measurements and their application to business decision making.
- Familiarity with both manual and systems-driven processes for applying these programs.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Learning Management Systems (i.e. Cornerstone); and HR reporting tools.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req8445Job ID 6343292
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible