Area of Interest:
Job Title: Sr. Analyst, Group Strategy
The Group Strategy department focuses on both cross-brand/global opportunities to leverage the strength of the Carnival portfolio as well as strategic initiatives within each of its brand companies. The business analyst is a key position in our group and requires a broad base of knowledge across functional areas, to develop and test hypotheses, to design and conduct complex analyses with large data sets, to effectively balance multiple priorities, to communicate effectively and to work well with a wide range of internal “clients”, from frontline personnel to senior executives at each of the various brands. The position requires strong analytical capabilities, a high level of attention to detail, excellent communication skills, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, and a track record of framing, conceptualizing, analyzing and solving complex business problems in fast-paced environments.
- Support strategic, operational and/or technology-driven corporate initiatives, both within single business units or functions and across multiple business units or functions
- Ability to think strategically and participate actively in decision analysis, problem formulation, data collection, model development, and presentations.
- Conduct quantitative portfolio and market intelligence analyses; develop insights and communicate recommendations around strategic issues; support analyses with sound data collection.
- Support project execution via a wide range of analytical techniques including interviews, data collection and manipulation, hypothesis generation and testing, analytical design, segmentation analysis, complex analytical models, regression analysis and others
- Develop detailed financial models and analysis, leading indicators and business statistics utilizing and producing different financial outputs
- Through deep understanding of objectives, identify root causes of issues and provide insightful, fact-based data analysis to help solve complex problems
- Participate in dynamic project teams comprised of other Global Strategy team members and personnel from multiple business units
- Execute financial, operational, technological and process-based analyses to support project work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business or Finance preferred
- 5+ years prior Business Analysis experience in a leading management firm, consumer marketing company, retail, hospitality or travel and leisure sector
- Demonstrated successful analysis in marketing, market research, financial or business
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong data analytics and analytics modeling skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, Essbase
- Ability to clearly articulate and present the hypothesis and recommendations to others
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface and build alignment with individuals with individuals at from multiple locations and levels within the company
- Strong interest/experience in Travel and Tourism
- Excellent communication skills (both informal and formal - facilitation and presentation), solid executive presence
- Proven ability to drive change despite internal and external challenges – a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
req8271Job ID 6189655
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible