Area of Interest: Information Technology
Job Title: Sr. IT Logistics Specialist
We are currently seeking a Sr. IT Logistics Specialist. This position ensures that IT equipment is being handled it an efficient and timely fashion to support the needs of the Carnival fleet on a daily and for Dry Docks and New Builds. This includes interfacing with the fleet IT Officers, Purchasing, Carnival Logistics, suppliers and warehouse personnel, on a daily basis. Must coordinate outgoing orders based on the ship delivery schedule. This position interfaces with Carnival Logistics, shipboard IT Officers and Carnival’s business units to arrange delivery of equipment. Additionally, this position works with Carnival Purchasing and warehouse receiving personnel , to ensure timely receipt of incoming equipment and to work through any problems arising during the receipt of equipment. This position will also be documenting current process workflows and creating process improvements. Process Improvement initiatives include but are not limited to: dry dock outgoing shipments, New Builds outgoing shipments, Dry Docks incoming shipments and ongoing ship support outgoing/incoming shipments.
- Responsible for receiving equipment orders into the IT warehousing facility, checking received orders for correctness and consolidating equipment and preparing paperwork to send equipment out to the fleet ships.
- Working with Dry Dock and New Build Project Managers regarding all items needed for project. Activities include: attending meetings, traveling to Dry Docks/New Builds as needed, Palleting equipment, creating mitigation plans for delays in shipments, etc.
- Developing process with the IT Dry Dock and New Build Teams to determine what items need to be shipped back to the warehouse after Dry Dock or New Build is complete. Defining if items can be discarded in country or if need to be shipped back. If Shipped back, defining categorization for utilization: Repurposed for consumptions, donation to local non-profits or recycled.
- Maintain communications with warehouse staff to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Reconciling invoices to ensure invoices and purchase orders are accurate and processed in time
- Dispose of unserviceable or damaged items
- Coordinate deliveries for repair or returned items
- Create packing lists and update shipment information in database
- Work with Purchasing, vendors and warehouse to resolve any issues with incoming orders
- Supply historic documents, as needed, to IT Offices for return of equipment for repair or reuse
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years working in a warehouse receiving environment, beneficial
- English should be the primary language. Should be competent working on a computer, with a good knowledge of Window Word and Excel at a minimum. Must be an attention to detail person. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Excellent communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills. Must be able to adapt to quickly changing situations. Experience operating a forklift is a plus.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9394Job ID 7152258
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract