Area of Interest: Human Resources
Job Title: Sr. Specialist Learning & Development
We are currently seeking a Sr. Specialist Learning & Development. This position plays a key leadership and expert role to plan and design various leadership development, talent management processes such as performance management, Succession Management and various OD interventions to create and sustain world-class HR services aligned with company goals and needs. This role will partner with HR Business Partners/Directors and operations/executive leaders to design best-in-class and innovative learning and development experiences, tools and materials. The role will be also responsible for planning for change management needs and taking ownership for design and development of key technology implementations for performance management, succession management, and various learning technologies.
- Plan, design, develop processes, learning and development solutions, OD interventions in support of the development needs for employees, teams and leaders. Design core strategies, tools, materials and programs including Performance Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Leadership Development, and Succession Planning & Management. Keep up with industry trends on various learning solutions such as e-learning, micro-learning and multi-generational workforce needs.
- Provide input, consultation, change management expertise, and project support. Develop timeline, project plans, change management and roll out plans for various initiatives.
- Act as the internal consultant and partner to leaders, HR Business Partners, various COEs and to vendors, other consultants to identify the right needs and match to right solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree
- Discipline/Major: Industrial/Organizational Psychology, HR Management, HRD, Organizational Leadership and Development degree or related.
- Experience with OD, Talent Development, Learning, Leadership Development tools, models and trends required. SPHR, CPLP, SHRM-SCP certifications preferred.
- Master’s degree with 5 years’ experience in organizational transformation/design, change management and/or organizational effectiveness, or Bachelor’s degree with 8 years’ experience in organizational transformation/design, change management and/or organizational effectiveness.
- Experience designing and implementing performance management programs and competency models. Understanding of organizational theory (structure, strategy, culture change).
- Knowledge and application of change management models, processes, and concepts.
- Ambitious self-starter with a solutions-based orientation and elevated ability to execute independently.
- Strong Analytical & problem solving skills.
- Proven results orientation.
- Excellent strategic thinking and partnering/consultative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and facilitation skills.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels, especially executive and senior business leaders.
- Skilled project manager, able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong ability to assess needs and adapt quickly.
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities; experience preparing presentation materials for executive audiences. Experience with eLearning tools, LMS experience preferred.
- Background in L&D, OD/OE, Talent Management or General HR experience required.
- Experience leading cross-divisional, large-scale change management and organizational development initiatives.
- Previous consulting experience (internal or external) is preferred.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9337Job ID 6902136
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible