Area of Interest: Operations Management
Job Title: Supervisor, Beverage
We are currently seeking a Beverage Supervisor. The Beverage Supervisor is responsible for independently executing beverage projects throughout the fleet, the organization and delivery of bar décor for 2.0 venues during new builds and dry docks, and manages the design and implementation of bar menus, signage and other materials.
- Create, redesign and implement beverage menus for the fleet. Partners with and gets buy in from Creative Services, Onboard marketing shipboard management to rollout changes
- Manages procurement, handles logistics and oversees install of bar décor items working in conjunction with the shore side design/new build team, contractors and shipboard management Manage bar venue décor installation at dry docks and new builds
- Prepares and processes depletion and rebating invoices to vendors, reconcile payments and process through revenue management. Works directly with the VP of beverage operations to ensure appropriate returns
- Liaises with purchasing to ensure proper preparation of requisitions for beverage products as needed.(approve requisitions submitted by ships in the absence of upper management)
- Manages bar projects assigned by the VP for example senior bartender transition (uniforms, pay, job duties).
- Request and provide all pertinent information to accounting related for the creation or modification of price look up numbers (PLU) Partners with CCL IT tema to ensure beverage systems are current
- Responsible for scheduling maintenance and is the Liaise between shipboard management and venders when service is not received as scheduled or special attention is needed for equipment service or exchange
- Maintains and captures statuses of bar programs, including financials, management performance and frontline performance. Briefs shipboard management of results and recommends strategy for improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Sommelier or Cicerone preferred
- At least 5 years beverage and hospitality experience
- Strong beverage knowledge
- Proficient with Microsoft office
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9346Job ID 6990531
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible