Area of Interest: Operations Management
Job Title: Supervisor, Music Operations
We are currently seeking a Music Operations Supervisor. The Music Operations Supervisor is responsible for creating flawless entertainment experiences for our guests that are fun, memorable and engaging using music as the medium. Provides coaching and direction to shipboard teams in rehearsal and on board through effective communication, goal setting, and change management skills; they take a wholistic view of the ship’s music products (DJs, live music and background music) and create (and execute) plans to enhance these products, and additionally, the Leader is expected to innovate and offer up new ideas for better engaging our teams, our guests, and industry players to better elevate the Carnival brand
- Establish and communicate goals based on product objectives to assigned group of shipboard teams and their team leaders.
- Monitor and analyze guest satisfaction scores for the fleet, and in conjunction with on board shoreside management, develop and implement solutions for improving the quality of the music product on board.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of guest demographics and communicate ways our product can best serve them.
- Coach and manage the process of conducting musician performance reviews and related leader functions.
- Effectively manage change and create positive team member experience.
- Operate within assigned budget while looking for ways to decrease expense and innovate new ideas.
- Continually analyze processes and products and develop strategies for improving future results.
- Build and foster strong relationships within and outside of Entertainment Department (both shipboard and Shoreside).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Discipline/ Major: Music, Music Education, Music Business
- 3-5 years of music/entertainment industry experience. Cruise and/or hospitality industry preferred
- Ability to analyze, understand, and communicate expert level musical concepts and direction.
- Ability to coach and manage creative and artistic personalities.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Ability to work proactively and under-pressure individually and as part of a team.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Strategic thinker able to find solutions to complex problems that can balance short and long-term objectives.
- An individual that loves supporting people and their development.
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel. Database experience is a plus.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req9330Job ID 6949199
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible