Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GRANDPERFORMER&cws=47&rid=4959
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between the sales/catering and operations department of the hotel to ensure a successful event for the clients and all of the clients needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
- Work closely with each groups meeting planner regarding groups menu planning, agenda setting, hotel meeting services, hospitality amenities and special VIP request.
- Obtain all rooming lists, monitor rooming list cut off dates, and obtain all menu details, meeting room setups, refreshment break needs, postings, and any other additional needs of the client to ensure a successful event at the property.
- Communicate and enforce contractual agreements pertaining to meeting space, food and beverage, and special concessions. The Conference Services Manager will be responsible for the compilation of all cancellation/attrition charges of their groups.
- Responsible for the review of all bills that are sent to the client. In reviewing bills, they should be accurate and timely in order to maximize return business. Responsible for the follow up to make sure any meeting reward point has been posted.
- Create detailed event orders to meet the specifications of both the client and Hotel.
- Assist in development, design, and implementation of custom menus.
- Maintain proper documentation of events, changes and special requests with updated Event Orders, group resumes and rooming lists. Provide accurate and concise information to all departments.
- Communicate event details to Hotel operations staff, including food and beverage needs, audio visual requirements, function room set-up, billing, recreation, activities, dacor, and etc.
- Organize and conduct site visits, pre-planning visits, pre-con and post-con meetings.
- Effectively up-sell products and services throughout the pre-event planning phase to maximize profitability and achieve quarterly goal. The completion of quarterly SMART plan will be required to assist with goal achievement and upselling.
- Assist in executing the expectations of the client as outlined in the EO.
- Handle any challenges or concerns immediately. Function as the on-site contact to client for all aspects of their events.
- Maintain a level of professionalism and cooperation with clients as well as co-workers.
- Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all group clients serviced by the Event Services Manager in conjunction with the Sales and/or Catering Sales Manager.
- Greet all clients (in rotation with MOD and other managers for rooms only groups) as they arrive at the hotel to ensure that they have all required items.
- Participate in weekly operations meetings to communicate the upcoming groups needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree - preferred
- Hospitality or related industry experience - required
- Previous event planning experience required
- Valid Driver's License required
- Knowledgeable of Top-Accounts for the Hotel-preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Old Town, St. Augustine, FL, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible