Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://www.hcareers.ca/job/hotel-resort-general-manager-st.-augustine-fl.-352254
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
This position is primarily responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Functions as the primary strategic leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance and sales and revenue generation. Analyzes business results and works with the leadership team to develop effective strategies to address needs. Makes key decisions and oversees execution, removing obstacles to success and ensuring appropriate resources are available to achieve business results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops and implements company policies and goals.
- Coordinates activities of divisions or departments such as Sales, Human Resources, Engineering, Front Office, Housekeeping, and F&B to affect operational efficiency and economy.
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Ensuring brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations; communicating follow-up actions to the team as necessary.
- follow-up actions to the team as necessary.
- Preparing an annual budget with appropriate department heads to ensure the smooth operations of the hotel, set financial goals and plan expenses.
- Monitoring actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments
- Creating an environment in which all employees have the ability to reach their full potential
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a GM in a full service luxury hotel.
- Proven track record in delivering financial results.
- Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Proven track record of positive employee satisfaction scores.
- Understanding of all areas of hotel operations.
- Commitment to exceptional guest service.
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- St. Augustine, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible